Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Copying DVD Games.

Copying DVD Games.

~misfit~

Peter Huebner wrote:
> In article <duahp5$fea$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
> says...
>> That is really the worst option available. You can't update your BF2,
>> since you'll have to hope that a crack becomes available quickly for
>> the new version. Detection of cracked versions might catch you. The
>> cracker could have introduced problems with the program accidentally.
>>

> Sorry, as I said in my first post, I don't know what BF is ...

Battlefield 1942 and it's successors. FPS, usually played on-line,
constantly being patched.
--
~misfit~

Warwick

On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 00:18:42 +1300, krazy Bob wrote:

> I have a personal copy of BF2 on dvd, and instead of having to leave my dvd
> in the drive each time i play bf2, i would like to make a image of the disk
> and put that on daemon tools and run bf2 from that.
>
> Using clone cd, creates an .dvd file which daemon doesn't reconise, changing
> it to .iso creates a image file as such and daemon reconises it and when its
> loaded i get the auto run screen with the options of playing, un-installing
> etc, but when i go to play i still get the "please insert dvd/cd" error.
>
> Is there anyway to copy a dvd game?
>
> TIA
>
> KB

uninstall the game. mount the iso in daemon tools. install from that drive
letter. mount the iso to the same drive letter when you play.

This has worked for me on every game except lords of the realm.

krazy Bob

"Peter Huebner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> In article <eM3Of.933$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
>>
>> Yea, i've seen / been to plcaes like that, if your asking for trouble in
>> my
>> experiences by going to crack websites, most are populated with spyware
>> and
>> other nasties, and sure it might be simple to have a no-cd crack, but
>> everytime there's a new patch out, you have to find a new no-cd.

> The two sites I named are about as 'reputable' as they come. Nevertheless
> always run the virus checker over any archives I get from there, and I
> have
> struck viruses, but always they were in a different file to the
> crack/patch
> Yeah, it pays to be careful, an you are right about the patches - see my
> post
> to Nick ...
> ... you gotta be a lot more careful if you search some hardcore hacker and
> warez sites via astalavista and download stuff from there, in fact you
> even
> want to seriously protect your browsing in the first place (hint: don't
> use
> msie!).
>
>> if i like a game, regardless of who made it, i'll buy it.
>> im not going to say ohh this game is made by so and so and they make u
>> use
>> ur cd, im not going to buy it. thats stuipd in my opinnion.

> Generally speaking, yes. There are exceptions though. I will not buy any
> games
> with the new 'Starforce' protection, no more than I would install a Sony
> rootkit on my system - they are as bad in intent as any virus written
> i.m.o.
> and I will vote with my money, thanks.
> I have also had a dvd drive trashed by an overzealous copy protection
> program
> and you better believe I never bought another Sierra game after that! But
> it's
> certainly not a religious issue with me, still I feel about the same about
> copy
> protection as you feel about crack sites -- very cautious.

I guess your right, but is there no real solution to copying your dvd game?
other than to download a no cd crack or mini cd image of the game?

KB

krazy Bob

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Peter Huebner wrote:
>> In article <duahp5$fea$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
>> says...
>>> That is really the worst option available. You can't update your BF2,
>>> since you'll have to hope that a crack becomes available quickly for
>>> the new version. Detection of cracked versions might catch you. The
>>> cracker could have introduced problems with the program accidentally.
>>>

>> Sorry, as I said in my first post, I don't know what BF is ...

> Battlefield 1942 and it's successors. FPS, usually played on-line,
> constantly being patched.
> --
> ~misfit~

LOL yip...Ea and Dice certainly have done them self proud *hint sacasim* a
patch for the game, followed by a patch for the patch that didn't work. now
a new patch to fix exploits and guess what another patch to fix the patch
that created 44 (i think) new problems and only fixing 5.

Good on you EA and Dice *lol*

krazy Bob

"Warwick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 00:18:42 +1300, krazy Bob wrote:
>
>> I have a personal copy of BF2 on dvd, and instead of having to leave my
>> dvd
>> in the drive each time i play bf2, i would like to make a image of the
>> disk
>> and put that on daemon tools and run bf2 from that.
>>
>> Using clone cd, creates an .dvd file which daemon doesn't reconise,
>> changing
>> it to .iso creates a image file as such and daemon reconises it and when
>> its
>> loaded i get the auto run screen with the options of playing,
>> un-installing
>> etc, but when i go to play i still get the "please insert dvd/cd" error.
>>
>> Is there anyway to copy a dvd game?
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> KB

> uninstall the game. mount the iso in daemon tools. install from that drive
> letter. mount the iso to the same drive letter when you play.
>
> This has worked for me on every game except lords of the realm.

will try this

Thanks
KB

Rider

"krazy Bob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dDVNf.884$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a personal copy of BF2 on dvd, and instead of having to leave my dvd
>in the drive each time i play bf2, i would like to make a image of the disk
>and put that on daemon tools and run bf2 from that.
>
> Using clone cd, creates an .dvd file which daemon doesn't reconise,
> changing it to .iso creates a image file as such and daemon reconises it
> and when its loaded i get the auto run screen with the options of playing,
> un-installing etc, but when i go to play i still get the "please insert
> dvd/cd" error.
>
> Is there anyway to copy a dvd game?
>
> TIA
>
> KB

DVD Shrink possibly?

Rider

Craig Shore

On Sun, 5 Mar 2006 13:46:16 +1300, Warwick <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 00:18:42 +1300, krazy Bob wrote:
>
>> I have a personal copy of BF2 on dvd, and instead of having to leave my dvd
>> in the drive each time i play bf2, i would like to make a image of the disk
>> and put that on daemon tools and run bf2 from that.
>>
>> Using clone cd, creates an .dvd file which daemon doesn't reconise, changing
>> it to .iso creates a image file as such and daemon reconises it and when its
>> loaded i get the auto run screen with the options of playing, un-installing
>> etc, but when i go to play i still get the "please insert dvd/cd" error.
>>
>> Is there anyway to copy a dvd game?
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> KB

>uninstall the game. mount the iso in daemon tools. install from that drive
>letter. mount the iso to the same drive letter when you play.
>
>This has worked for me on every game except lords of the realm.

If you didn't want to uninstall you could just change the drive letter
of your dvd to something else (as long as nothing is depending on it
being whatever it is now) and use it's old driver letter for the
mounted image.