Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Killfile in Agent

Killfile in Agent

RJ

In article <duba98$u8f$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)lid says...
> Peter Huebner wrote:
> > In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > (E-Mail Removed)lid says...
> >>
> >> Thanks guys but I know how to kill an author but I want to be able to
> >> kill all replies to that authors posts (from their post onwards in
> >> that branch of the tree, hope that makes sense), not necessarily kill
> >> the entire thread. I'm not sure if this is even possible.
> >>

> > It is _possible_. I unfortunately am no expert on Agent, I tried many
> > times but I just don't like that newsreader, even with the interface
> > as of January this year (last time I tried it).
> >
> > What you will have to do is, get the *message ID* of the offending
> > message, then check that message ID against the *references* header
> > in the incoming messages and set to 'ignore' where applicable.
> >
> > I can do this easily manually in Gravity, but I haven't ever looked at
> > implementing some sort of macro that would automate this process.
> > Maybe you can do that in Agent, I don't know if it has custom macros.
> >
> > h.t.h. -Peter

> Thanks i'll give that a try

Gravity doesn't have anything automatic ofthat nature.
Something like 40tude Dialog which is very customisable just might.

Crains

On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 19:26:37 +1300, RJ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <duba98$u8f$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)lid says...
>> Peter Huebner wrote:
>> > In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> > (E-Mail Removed)lid says...

>> > It is _possible_. I unfortunately am no expert on Agent, I tried many
>> > times but I just don't like that newsreader, even with the interface
>> > as of January this year (last time I tried it).
>> >
>> > What you will have to do is, get the *message ID* of the offending
>> > message, then check that message ID against the *references* header
>> > in the incoming messages and set to 'ignore' where applicable.
>> >
>> > I can do this easily manually in Gravity, but I haven't ever looked at
>> > implementing some sort of macro that would automate this process.
>> > Maybe you can do that in Agent, I don't know if it has custom macros.
>> >
>> > h.t.h. -Peter

>> Thanks i'll give that a try

>Gravity doesn't have anything automatic ofthat nature.
>Something like 40tude Dialog which is very customisable just might.

Yup wil try both. I had always thought Agent was the best news reader
around so decided to give it a try. But will try out both Dialog and
Gravity as well.

Brendan

On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 19:26:37 +1300, RJ wrote:

> Gravity doesn't have anything automatic ofthat nature.
> Something like 40tude Dialog which is very customisable just might.

It does.

--

.... Brendan

#202477 +(381- [X]

(Mootar) morons.
(Mootar) these people who live in my apartment complex are connected to my
wireless
(Mootar) they must think they're super-cool hackers by breaking into my
completely unsecure network
(Mootar) unfortunatly, the connection works both ways
(Mootar) long story short, they now have loads of horse porn on their
computer

Note: All my comments are copyright 4/03/2006 7:57:46 p.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.