Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > text to computer?

text to computer?

Mrs BeebleBrock

How would a company go about setting up a system like those TV
programmes use for voting? Eg for a poster campaign, just have a four
digit number that people can text from their cellphone that comes
through to our computers?

Waylon Kenning

T'was the Tue, 28 Feb 2006 15:05:11 +1300 when I remembered Mrs
BeebleBrock <(E-Mail Removed)> saying something like this:

>How would a company go about setting up a system like those TV
>programmes use for voting? Eg for a poster campaign, just have a four
>digit number that people can text from their cellphone that comes
>through to our computers?

You'd need to contact Vodafone about that, try 0800 800 021. Not too
sure about the costs though.
--
Cheers,

Waylon Kenning.

Murray Symon

On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 15:05:11 +1300, Mrs BeebleBrock wrote:

> How would a company go about setting up a system like those TV programmes
> use for voting? Eg for a poster campaign, just have a four digit number
> that people can text from their cellphone that comes through to our
> computers?

You could sign up to a service provider such as Hyperfactory.

Mrs BeebleBrock

Murray Symon wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 15:05:11 +1300, Mrs BeebleBrock wrote:
>

>>How would a company go about setting up a system like those TV programmes
>>use for voting? Eg for a poster campaign, just have a four digit number
>>that people can text from their cellphone that comes through to our
>>computers?

> You could sign up to a service provider such as Hyperfactory.

Great - thanks for the suggestion.

Mrs BeebleBrock

Waylon Kenning wrote:

> T'was the Tue, 28 Feb 2006 15:05:11 +1300 when I remembered Mrs
> BeebleBrock <(E-Mail Removed)> saying something like this:
>

>>How would a company go about setting up a system like those TV
>>programmes use for voting? Eg for a poster campaign, just have a four
>>digit number that people can text from their cellphone that comes
>>through to our computers?

> You'd need to contact Vodafone about that, try 0800 800 021. Not too
> sure about the costs though.
> --
> Cheers,
>
> Waylon Kenning.
> See my blog at http://spaces.msn.com/WaylonKenning/

Cheers - I think we'd want Telecom customers to be able to use it too.