Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > registry entries

registry entries

=?Utf-8?B?ZGFl?=

I had connect problems and several times went to systems devices,
uninstalled the wireless device, rebooted and allowed the system
to find it again and reinstall it.

As a result I have lots of entries for dead "wireless network connections"
in the registry under this key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Network\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Can I safely just delete the old dead entries?

This is a new computer, and I don't need tons of registry bloat if I can
avoid it.

Pavel A.

"dae" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I had connect problems and several times went to systems devices,
> uninstalled the wireless device, rebooted and allowed the system
> to find it again and reinstall it.
>
> As a result I have lots of entries for dead "wireless network connections"
> in the registry under this key
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Network\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
>
> Can I safely just delete the old dead entries?

If possible, first try to uninstall them by supported means:
Boot in safe mode, run device manager, show hidden devices.
By the way, when you uninstall a net adapter, these entries should be removed
automatically. If they won't, probably the driver has serious problems.

--PA