Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > New version of Windows without a GUI?!

New version of Windows without a GUI?!

David

Murray Symon wrote:

>>> Yes. 7zip and winrar + shell integration are great.

>> And you can do all that from the comman... err... "run box" can you???
>>

>> Have A Nice Cup of Tea

> Time for a cup of tea and a lie down, methinks, David.
>
> Murray.

Yep, tea is good. Hang on a minute. Why am I writing this. This is a
complete waste of my time. From now on, I shall use my computer to get
things done, not use it just for the sake of using it, and as long as it
gets things done in a way that I like and am familiar with, I won't care
less what operating system or software is running or who makes it.

Murray Symon

On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 20:38:31 +1300, David wrote:

> Murray Symon wrote:

>>> And you can do all that from the comman... err... "run box" can you???
>>>

>>> Have A Nice Cup of Tea

>> Time for a cup of tea and a lie down, methinks, David.
>>
>> Murray.
>>

> Yep, tea is good. Hang on a minute. Why am I writing this. This is a
> complete waste of my time. From now on, I shall use my computer to get
> things done, not use it just for the sake of using it, and as long as it
> gets things done in a way that I like and am familiar with, I won't care
> less what operating system or software is running or who makes it.

.... or you could battle with trolls online

Have A Nice Cup of Tea

On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 20:38:31 +1300, David wrote:

> From now on, I shall use my computer to get
> things done, not use it just for the sake of using it, and as long as it
> gets things done in a way that I like and am familiar with, I won't care
> less what operating system or software is running or who makes it.

Good. That is commendable. That means you'll happily move over to Linux
when the time is right.

Have A Nice Cup of Tea

--
Jono Bacon: "I deal with companies every day that are moving over to Linux, and
it does all the things that they want."