Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Cheap Email to SMS gateway services?

Cheap Email to SMS gateway services?

Martin

Are there any cheap and reliable local services or do I need to call the
Telcos?

cheers

Fred Dagg

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 22:13:01 +1300, "Martin" <(E-Mail Removed)>
exclaimed:

>Are there any cheap and reliable local services or do I need to call the
>Telcos?

Hi, Martin.

Please check the archives. This is the third time this has been asked
(and answered) in a couple of weeks.

You will find that people will start to get very grumpy if you can't
do a Google Groups search before asking a question.

eg:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=nz%20sms%20gateways

thingy

Fred Dagg wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 22:13:01 +1300, "Martin" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> exclaimed:
>

>>Are there any cheap and reliable local services or do I need to call the
>>Telcos?
>>

> Hi, Martin.
>
> Please check the archives. This is the third time this has been asked
> (and answered) in a couple of weeks.
>
> You will find that people will start to get very grumpy if you can't
> do a Google Groups search before asking a question.
>
> eg:
>
> http://groups.google.com/groups?q=nz%20sms%20gateways

Translate this into Fred Dagg will get grumpy....

;]

regards

Thing

frederick

Fred Dagg wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 22:13:01 +1300, "Martin" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> exclaimed:
>

>>Are there any cheap and reliable local services or do I need to call the
>>Telcos?
>>

> Hi, Martin.
>
> Please check the archives. This is the third time this has been asked
> (and answered) in a couple of weeks.
>
> You will find that people will start to get very grumpy if you can't
> do a Google Groups search before asking a question.
>
> eg:
>
> http://groups.google.com/groups?q=nz%20sms%20gateways

I was one of the others who asked, and I'm not grumpy at Martin. He
asked for cheap and reliable SMS gateway services, and unless I'm wrong
and someone can direct him (and me) to such a provider, then I'm left
with the conclusion that because of Telecom, such a thing doesn't exist.
SMS to telecom = >400% more expensive than Vodaphone. SMS to Vodaphone,
still expensive by world standards.

Tony

> Are there any cheap and reliable local services or do I need to call the
> Telcos?
>
> cheers

http://clickatell.com

Tony

> http://clickatell.com

not local, but is that really important ?

Fred Dagg

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 07:54:02 +1300, frederick <(E-Mail Removed)>
exclaimed:

>> http://groups.google.com/groups?q=nz%20sms%20gateways

>I was one of the others who asked, and I'm not grumpy at Martin. He
>asked for cheap and reliable SMS gateway services, and unless I'm wrong
>and someone can direct him (and me) to such a provider, then I'm left
>with the conclusion that because of Telecom, such a thing doesn't exist.
>SMS to telecom = >400% more expensive than Vodaphone. SMS to Vodaphone,
>still expensive by world standards.

Yup. Welcome to the world of Telecom. Unfortunately things will never
change.

At least it's not as bad as the Cook Islands. CI Telecom is owned
60/40 by the Telecom NZ and the CI Government, and they're internet
services are massively expensive. As in $5 per hour for really slow
dialup expensive.

The layout of Rarotonga is such that it would be incredibly easy to
setup wireless covering the whole island, but nobody can - the
government has legislated it illegal to compete!! That's right, only
one telecommunications provider is allowed on the island, and that's
owned by our friendly telecom and their government!

Remarkable.

Bret

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 11:19:32 +1300, Fred Dagg <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 07:54:02 +1300, frederick <(E-Mail Removed)>
>exclaimed:
>
>>> http://groups.google.com/groups?q=nz%20sms%20gateways

>>I was one of the others who asked, and I'm not grumpy at Martin. He
>>asked for cheap and reliable SMS gateway services, and unless I'm wrong
>>and someone can direct him (and me) to such a provider, then I'm left
>>with the conclusion that because of Telecom, such a thing doesn't exist.
>>SMS to telecom = >400% more expensive than Vodaphone. SMS to Vodaphone,
>>still expensive by world standards.

>Yup. Welcome to the world of Telecom. Unfortunately things will never
>change.
>
>At least it's not as bad as the Cook Islands. CI Telecom is owned
>60/40 by the Telecom NZ and the CI Government, and they're internet
>services are massively expensive. As in $5 per hour for really slow
>dialup expensive.
>
>The layout of Rarotonga is such that it would be incredibly easy to
>setup wireless covering the whole island, but nobody can - the
>government has legislated it illegal to compete!! That's right, only
>one telecommunications provider is allowed on the island, and that's
>owned by our friendly telecom and their government!
>
>Remarkable.

What a great opportunity, let's get a ship and anchor it outside there
12 mile limit

Fred Dagg

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 11:38:33 +1300, Bret <(E-Mail Removed)> exclaimed:

>>The layout of Rarotonga is such that it would be incredibly easy to
>>setup wireless covering the whole island, but nobody can - the
>>government has legislated it illegal to compete!! That's right, only
>>one telecommunications provider is allowed on the island, and that's
>>owned by our friendly telecom and their government!
>>
>>Remarkable.

>What a great opportunity, let's get a ship and anchor it outside there
>12 mile limit

But we'd still be "providing" telecommunication services to the
island...

As an example, satellite wireless internet services are not allowed to
operate.

Don't get the wrong idea about the islands, they are an incredibly
free and happy place. The problem is, it appears that corruption is
rampant in their government, and this is just one example of the sort
of self-serving rules they are continually hit with.

Global Bulk SMS

hi we can offer you what your looking for - an email to sms gateway -
get intouch with me on pinakint(at)hotmail.com , pinakint(at)gmail.com
, or pinakin (at) cellent.com - im sure wel be abl to help u my friend