Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > imap and evolution

imap and evolution

A Nice Cup of Tea

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 08:26:55 +1300, Shane wrote:

> mmm kay... per chance you have an idea in mind which "stuff" I am copying
> across?

Doesn't matter. If you're wanting to transfer any sort of file, so long
as you can mount the partitions as read/write then you can copy any file
across and put it in any directory that you have permission to do so.

A Nice Cup of Tea

--
A: because it messes up threading
Q: why should I not reply by top-posting?

Murray Symon

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 10:49:36 +1300, A Nice Cup of Tea wrote:

> On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 08:26:55 +1300, Shane wrote:
>
>> mmm kay... per chance you have an idea in mind which "stuff" I am
>> copying across?

> Doesn't matter. If you're wanting to transfer any sort of file, so long as
> you can mount the partitions as read/write then you can copy any file
> across and put it in any directory that you have permission to do so.
>

> A Nice Cup of Tea

It does matter. Shane's original question was "what" to copy, not "how".

Shane,
try updating some settings and then look for a file with a recent
modification timestamp on it ...

e.g.
ls -alt | head (in your home directory, this will include dot files)

find ~ -mmin -5 (for files modified less than 5 minutes ago)

It's likely to update a file somewhere in your home directory tree.

--
Murray.

Shane

Murray Symon wrote:

> Shane,
> try updating some settings and then look for a file with a recent
> modification timestamp on it ...
>
> e.g.
> ls -alt | head (in your home directory, this will include dot files)
>
> find ~ -mmin -5 (for files modified less than 5 minutes ago)
>
> It's likely to update a file somewhere in your home directory tree.

Thanks
Found it
~/.kde/share/config/kontactrc
holds the apps that have been selected to be in kontact
then each individual application holds the relevant settings
ie.
~/.kde/share/config/korganizer/
holds the appointments etc. that I've entered on the calendar

I'm slightly miffed as the first thing I had done was locate kontact
but that mustn't have gone into the dot files :\

Double Grr, I just used the file finder on the kde menu and found the
abovementioned files right away

Thanks Again

Allistar

Shane wrote:

> thingy wrote:
>

>> Is this dual boot? a rebuild? or what, very vague....you could email
>> yourself.....scp, burn a cdr lots of possibilities.
>>
>> regards
>>
>> Thing

> Dual boot, I have Slackware/[K]ubuntu on the same drive
> I *want* the settings for kontact to be moved over to the kubuntu
> partition ie. all the meetings Ive assigned, etc etc.
>
> I cant find a dot file for it... nor can I find a man page :\
> If I get motivated later I will look on google
>
> When I think about it I suppose I could export to a webserver, then import
> from said server

You'll normally find such things in ~/.kde3.4/share/apps

Allistar.