Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > online payment options for web site?

online payment options for web site?

neutrino

Can anyone suggest when setting up a web site with products for sale,
what are the options for Online Purchases? (in NZ)
was considering Paypal - but unfortunately they don't have an option
for setting in NZ $ .
So I have to find out what else is available ~ any and all suggestions
appreciated ~ ha~ and the easiest to set up will get the thumbs up!
Also thinking back to Paypal - it' has to be the simplest and easiest
to utilise - I presume any other option here might involve one of the
banks for online transactions? I'v not done this before so any tips,
advice on what's required would be greatly appreciated.

bonspiel@orcon.net.nz

Paypal works fine, NZers are quite ok with prices in US$. Check with
your bank about transferring from Paypal to your local account
[Kiwibank, for one, can't do it]

Whalemeat is Yummy

Mal's e-commerce

http://www.ait2000.com/index.htm

I have been using this for nearly 7 years now.

google@impliedbydesign.com

neutrino wrote:
> So I have to find out what else is available ~ any and all suggestions
> appreciated ~ ha~ and the easiest to set up will get the thumbs up!
> Also thinking back to Paypal - it' has to be the simplest and easiest
> to utilise - I presume any other option here might involve one of the
> banks for online transactions? I'v not done this before so any tips,
> advice on what's required would be greatly appreciated.

Hello Nutrino,

I have personal experience with the following:

Authorize.NET - Okay price, very established, decent customer service.
Overall probably the best non-PayPal choice.

Cybersource - I've worked with these guys the most. They have mediocre
customer support, and don't have all the Admin tools as Authorize.NET.
They especialy lack in subscription support if you can't install their
API.

2Checkout - The last time I'd used them, these guys require you to go
off your site to complete a payment. Since PayPal offers this,and has a
much slicker interface, I'd stick with PayPal.

WorldPay - I've only been on the recieving end of WorldPay, and they're
pretty difficult to navigate from a customer perspective.

PayPal - You can't beat the cost of these guys. They have low
requirements and little paperwork. I have yet to use their professional
on-site service, but it's way more affordable than your typical
merchant account / gateway combo. The downside is that you must support
regular PayPal payments as well.

I hope that helps. I'd shoot for Authorize.NET as a first choice, and
really consider integrating PayPal if it makes sense for your model.

Chris S.
Implied By Design LLC.
http://www.impliedbydesign.com
Free Web Design Tools
http://www.impliedbydesign.com/free-...e-scripts.html

Andrew Gerald

> neutrino wrote:
> > So I have to find out what else is available ~ any and all suggestions
> > appreciated ~ ha~ and the easiest to set up will get the thumbs up!
> > Also thinking back to Paypal - it' has to be the simplest and easiest
> > to utilise - I presume any other option here might involve one of the
> > banks for online transactions? I'v not done this before so any tips,
> > advice on what's required would be greatly appreciated.

DPS (Direct Payment Solutions)? www.dps.co.nz

But I think they only do credit card transactions.

neutrino

Some excellent links and ideas there for me to follow up on - many
thanks , many many.
The only thing with Paypal ---- wouldnt I strike problems where...
we;de need to put the price down as us dollars ~ rather than the actual
NZ $ value, then there'd be the
problem of exchange rates fluctuating..... and yep! I better find out
if funds can be transferred to the bank here
National if possible! Ill give them a call/email.
but.. yep- Paypal is most definetely the most user friendly and likely
way less cost... just need to think about what to put on the site as
far as the Price for each item is concerned, don't want to be having
ot do constant updates whenever the dollar fluctuates greatly. I mean
if something costs $12 nz - I wouldnt be able to just put it as that
would I - cos in effect they'd be paying $12 U.S - and if I put the
U.S equivelant ~ ?? ?? I'll sit back n ponder it.. right now
confusion setting in !

Peter Huebner

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
> The only thing with Paypal ---- wouldnt I strike problems where...
> we;de need to put the price down as us dollars ~ rather than the actual
> NZ $ value, then there'd be the
> problem of exchange rates fluctuating..... and yep! I better find out
> if funds can be transferred to the bank here

I heard a few months ago that Paypal now pays out into NZ bank accounts, if
that's any help.

They only accept payment in a limited numbers of currencies - i.i.r.c. $US,
$Can, $Au, Euro and Yen. Not Kiwi Dollars.

h.t.h. -Peter