Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > password not 'sticking'

password not 'sticking'

lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz

XP dial up connection.

user name is retained in dialog; password is not retained in dialog
and converted to asterisks, even when box ticked.

Have deleted connection, rebooted, and created a new connection --
still not joy.

Suggestions or advice please

krazy Bob

<lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> XP dial up connection.
>
> user name is retained in dialog; password is not retained in dialog
> and converted to asterisks, even when box ticked.
>
> Have deleted connection, rebooted, and created a new connection --
> still not joy.
>
> Suggestions or advice please

when you create a new connection, make sure not to use same name. i.e do not
name it xtra or ihug etc. use Xtra or Ihug. i was told by a techie guy when
i had dial up probs. xp creates a file log of all dialup's and if one
matches same name as before it will use same settings and you'll have same
problem

KB

Dave Taylor

lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Suggestions or advice please

Gpedit.msc

--
Ciao, Dave

Kent Smith

"Dave Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns9770E5E15D24Bdaveytaynospamplshot@203.97.3 7.6...
> lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Suggestions or advice please

> Gpedit.msc

yes and it'll probably go back to that state the next time you log into your
companys domain.

-KENT

lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz

XP Home

I've deleted connection, rebooted, cleaned registry, rebooted
again, created new connection, but still the password is not sticking,
despite the box being ticked.

Any more suggestions ?

Is there a registry entry I could tweak ?