Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Tool for monitoring installs?

Tool for monitoring installs?

Nik Coughlin

Does anyone know if there is some kind of tool that will run under XP, where
I can say "start monitoring now", install a program, say "stop monitoring
now" and then the tool will tell me what files were installed/modified and
what registry keys were added/modified by the install?

Dave Doe

In article <43f26cd6$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Does anyone know if there is some kind of tool that will run under XP, where
> I can say "start monitoring now", install a program, say "stop monitoring
> now" and then the tool will tell me what files were installed/modified and
> what registry keys were added/modified by the install?

Filemon, Diskmon, Regmon - from SysInternals - URL at the obvious.

--
Duncan

Dave Taylor

"Nik Coughlin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:43f26cd6$(E-Mail Removed):

> Does anyone know if there is some kind of tool that will run under XP,
> where I can say "start monitoring now", install a program, say "stop
> monitoring now" and then the tool will tell me what files were
> installed/modified and what registry keys were added/modified by the
> install?

Novell Zenworks Snapshot
or
http://www.epsilonsquared.com/
InstallWatch records modifications made to your PC during the
installation of software, hardware, or configuration changes.

InstallRite - Install it right everytime

InstallRite (which includes all the features of InstallWatch) provides
"application cloning" as opposed to "disk cloning", simplifying software
distribution.

--
Ciao, Dave

PC

"Nik Coughlin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:43f26cd6$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone know if there is some kind of tool that will run under XP,
> where I can say "start monitoring now", install a program, say "stop
> monitoring now" and then the tool will tell me what files were
> installed/modified and what registry keys were added/modified by the
> install?

Ashampoo Uninstaller Suite, got mine of a magazine disk.

Paul.

bambam

"Nik Coughlin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:43f26cd6$(E-Mail Removed):

> Does anyone know if there is some kind of tool that will run under XP,
> where I can say "start monitoring now", install a program, say "stop
> monitoring now" and then the tool will tell me what files were
> installed/modified and what registry keys were added/modified by the
> install?

Total Uninstall
Freeware

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/200...ES.php#0777-PW

Rob J

In article <43f26cd6$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
> Does anyone know if there is some kind of tool that will run under XP, where
> I can say "start monitoring now", install a program, say "stop monitoring
> now" and then the tool will tell me what files were installed/modified and
> what registry keys were added/modified by the install?

Ghost AI bUilder with the Ghost suite

Also the snapshot thingy from unattended.msfn.com

Web monitoring tool FrolicFrog Java 6 09-25-2005 09:57 AM
What tool to use for Real Time Event Monitoring Apps? =?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZSBEZXNzZXg=?= ASP .Net 2 05-09-2005 11:16 PM
network monitoring tool Dario Cisco 5 10-28-2004 12:36 PM
Re: Looking for Cisco Router Monitoring tool Hugo Drax Cisco 0 11-11-2003 07:33 AM
New GREEEATE Tool for component monitoring Nadav Rubinstein ASP .Net 0 07-15-2003 05:20 PM

Advertisments