Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Smart package manager for Suse.

Smart package manager for Suse.

grumpyoldhori

For you new linux users who are bright enough to be using
Suse.
Smart package manager takes the banging head on desk when trying
to install software away.
check it here.
http://wiki.suselinuxsupport.de/wikk...PackageManager.

Oh yes,for you peasants,it works for other distroes.
grumpy

shannon

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 11:43:01 +1300, grumpyoldhori wrote:

> For you new linux users who are bright enough to be using
> Suse.
> Smart package manager takes the banging head on desk when trying
> to install software away.
> check it here.
> http://wiki.suselinuxsupport.de/wikk...PackageManager.
>
> Oh yes,for you peasants,it works for other distroes.
> grumpy

Oh nooo

Here's another ****in n00b that wants a distro ****ing match

<yawn>

Get over it.

Mark Robinson

shannon wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 11:43:01 +1300, grumpyoldhori wrote:
>> For you new linux users who are bright enough to be using
>> Suse.
>> Smart package manager takes the banging head on desk when trying
>> to install software away.
>> check it here.
>>http://wiki.suselinuxsupport.de/wikk...PackageManager.
>> Oh yes,for you peasants,it works for other distroes.
>> grumpy

> Oh nooo
>
> Here's another ****in n00b that wants a distro ****ing match
>
> <yawn>
>
> Get over it.

Wanker.

grumpyoldhori

shannon wrote:

> Oh nooo
>
> Here's another ****in n00b that wants a distro ****ing match

heh,like a great white.
grumpy

~misfit~

shannon wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 11:43:01 +1300, grumpyoldhori wrote:
>

>> For you new linux users who are bright enough to be using
>> Suse.
>> Smart package manager takes the banging head on desk when trying
>> to install software away.
>> check it here.
>> http://wiki.suselinuxsupport.de/wikk...PackageManager.
>>
>> Oh yes,for you peasants,it works for other distroes.
>> grumpy

> Oh nooo
>
> Here's another ****in n00b that wants a distro ****ing match
>
> <yawn>
>
> Get over it.

You see it that way? I have a friend who has worked with virtually every
operating system under, and including, the Sun. He had a small farm of
machines running all sorts of OS's. He has been trying to "convert me to the
dark side" (his words) for a long time now and has recently told me that he
now runs Suse exclusively and that it is, without a doubt, the 'best' linux
distro bar none. (Warning!!! Opinion expressed!! Please gentle people
remember that you cannot prove someone's opinion to be wrong, you can only
offer up yours if it differs. Just thought I'd remind you of that). He is so
convinced that Suse is the **** I got a DL DVD-R in the mail from him
yesterday with the latest distro on it.

I'm going to burn ten or so DVD-Rs of DivX / XviD's off my HDD to make room
and (maybe) try it in a dual-boot configuration. If this guy is this
enthusiastic about it, with his history in the IT industry and computing in
general, it's worth taking a look at. *IMO*
--
~misfit~

shannon

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 13:54:03 +1300, ~misfit~ wrote:

> shannon wrote:
>> On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 11:43:01 +1300, grumpyoldhori wrote:
>>

>>> For you new linux users who are bright enough to be using
>>> Suse.
>>> Smart package manager takes the banging head on desk when trying
>>> to install software away.
>>> check it here.
>>> http://wiki.suselinuxsupport.de/wikk...PackageManager.
>>>
>>> Oh yes,for you peasants,it works for other distroes.
>>> grumpy

>> Oh nooo
>>
>> Here's another ****in n00b that wants a distro ****ing match
>>
>> <yawn>
>>
>> Get over it.

> You see it that way? I have a friend who has worked with virtually every
> operating system under, and including, the Sun. He had a small farm of
> machines running all sorts of OS's. He has been trying to "convert me to the
> dark side" (his words) for a long time now and has recently told me that he
> now runs Suse exclusively and that it is, without a doubt, the 'best' linux
> distro bar none. (Warning!!! Opinion expressed!! Please gentle people
> remember that you cannot prove someone's opinion to be wrong, you can only
> offer up yours if it differs. Just thought I'd remind you of that). He is so
> convinced that Suse is the **** I got a DL DVD-R in the mail from him
> yesterday with the latest distro on it.
>
> I'm going to burn ten or so DVD-Rs of DivX / XviD's off my HDD to make room
> and (maybe) try it in a dual-boot configuration. If this guy is this
> enthusiastic about it, with his history in the IT industry and computing in
> general, it's worth taking a look at. *IMO*

LOL
Its good to see you actually try one distro.
You will then be qualified to express an opinion about that one distro.
You still won't be qualified to express an opinion about any other distros
and the many and varied reasons that people prefer them.

You still won't be qualified to call the users of other distributions
"PEASANTS" !!!! however enthusiastic you feel about your shiny new toy.

At the moment I am using Ubuntu because it is 100% free of dependency on
any corporate.
I've never had to bang my head on the desk installing anything on it.
The package manager it uses by default is superb.

Gordon

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 15:20:49 +1300, shannon wrote:

> The package manager it uses by default is superb.

This is an area in which Ms Penguin has seen great strides. The package
managers of Linux distros have improved in recent times.

So if SUSE has just got a better on, good. People will be noticing and
cranking up an improvement in their distro. And so the system evolves to
yet a higher level.

Gordon

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 13:21:35 +1300, Mark Robinson wrote:

> shannon wrote:
>> On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 11:43:01 +1300, grumpyoldhori wrote:
>>> For you new linux users who are bright enough to be using
>>> Suse.
>>> Smart package manager takes the banging head on desk when trying
>>> to install software away.
>>> check it here.
>>>http://wiki.suselinuxsupport.de/wikk...PackageManager.
>>> Oh yes,for you peasants,it works for other distroes.
>>> grumpy

>> Oh nooo
>>
>> Here's another ****in n00b that wants a distro ****ing match
>>
>> <yawn>
>>
>> Get over it.

> Wanker.

You or him?

Dave Taylor

grumpyoldhori <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in newsV7If.146216
$(E-Mail Removed):

> For you new linux users who are bright enough to be using
> Suse.
> Smart package manager takes the banging head on desk when trying
> to install software away.
> check it here.
> http://wiki.suselinuxsupport.de/wikk...PackageManager.
>
> Oh yes,for you peasants,it works for other distroes.
> grumpy

Thanks for the tip.

--
Ciao, Dave

Chris Wilkinson

Hi there,

shannon wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 11:43:01 +1300, grumpyoldhori wrote:
>

>> For you new linux users who are bright enough to be using
>> Suse.
>> Smart package manager takes the banging head on desk when trying
>> to install software away.
>> check it here.
>>http://wiki.suselinuxsupport.de/wikk...PackageManager.
>>
>> Oh yes,for you peasants,it works for other distroes.
>> grumpy

> Oh nooo
>
> Here's another ****in n00b that wants a distro ****ing match
>
> <yawn>
>
> Get over it.

Gee, take offence to innocuous little comments much?

Anyway, cheers hori for the link...might give it a crack since
I find building RPM's from source a tad involving...if that can
be done with scripts it will make the process of creating RPM's
to include into urpmi/YaST much easier...

--
Kind regards,

Chris Wilkinson, Brisbane, Australia.