Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Torque Screws

Torque Screws

Whalemeat is Yummy

Super Cheap Auto also has them...cheap!

Barry Lennox

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 16:08:57 +1300, Andy Simpson
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Where could I get some torque screws from in Christchurch?
>
>I need to screw an SCA SCSI hard drive into an HP/Compaq Hot-Plug drive
>carrier.
>
>Cheers, Andy.

Try Wilson Bros or Hylton-Parker Fasteners, both around the Middleton
area off Birmingham Drive.

Yellow Pages under Fasteners will prob turn up more options

Waylon Kenning

T'was the Tue, 14 Feb 2006 09:18:15 +1300 when I remembered "Whalemeat
is Yummy" <(E-Mail Removed)> saying something like this:

>Super Cheap Auto also has them...cheap!

Super Cheap?
--
Cheers,

Waylon Kenning.

Rob J

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> In article <Xns9769B5CBC159Bdaveytaynospamplshot@203.97.37.6> ,
> Dave Taylor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> >Like others have said, you probably have the wrong name for the head.

> He has the wrong name, as has been pointed out the correct term is "Torx".
> But he really does need Torx head screws.

The Compaq screwless chassis screws I remember are actually slotted and
can be turned with a small blade screwdriver. They don't resemble any
Torx head I ever saw.

> Compaq use them as "rails", the
> heads slide into slots in the disk mounting frames. Most Compaq systems I've
> looked at have two spare sets of Torx head screws included with the machine,
> screwed into the metal front panel (behind the plastic one). The threads are
> different, one set is to fit hard disks and the other for floppy drives I
> think. (It's a real nuisance having two different thread pitches, you need
> to have both threads in stock if you add drives to machines on a regular
> basis.)

The different threads are different head sizes physically.
Some other manufacturers also use these special screws. Foxconn uses
them in their tower cases, and Dell or Intel server chassis use them as
well. I don't recall if these are special heads.

Wrenching Torque Mark Java 0 05-07-2004 08:12 PM
torque- connection error marcelino Java 0 03-01-2004 10:46 AM
6500 rack ear screws? Steve S. Cisco 1 02-13-2004 05:29 AM
OT online screws or is that schools Rick MCSE 4 12-11-2003 01:44 PM
Connection NULL Torque Postgresql web app mike Java 0 11-07-2003 03:32 PM

Advertisments