Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Woosh User Seeks Free newsserver

Woosh User Seeks Free newsserver

Peter

Hi

I'm looking for a free news server to use.. Any pointer please...

Cheers Peter

E. Scrooge

news:43eebfb6$0$27805$(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi
>
> I'm looking for a free news server to use.. Any pointer please...
>

> Cheers Peter

Join a decent ISP and you'll have one.

E. Scrooge

David A' Rebel

Peter wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm looking for a free news server to use.. Any pointer please...
>

> Cheers Peter

It seems it doesn't allow you to use a free search engine either, you
really are screwed aren't you.

alastair.geek.nz

E. Scrooge (*sling) wrote:

> "Peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:43eebfb6$0$27805$(E-Mail Removed) om...

> > I'm looking for a free news server to use.. Any pointer please...

> Join a decent ISP and you'll have one.

I have been a Woosh customer for three months and I can assure you that
it is a decent ISP. Considering that you live in a city where Woosh is
unavailable, I can only assume that you are expressing an opinion on
something with which you have no experience, as usual.

To answer the original question, I don't know of any free NNTP servers,
but if you try www.octanews.com, you'll find that the cost is
negligable unless you're using binary groups.

bambam

"Peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:43eebfb6$0$27805$(E-Mail Removed) om:

> Hi
>
> I'm looking for a free news server to use.. Any pointer please...

I posted this here 5 days ago:

******

Aioe.org News Server

http://news.aioe.org/

No user name, password, or registration required.
Limit of 25 posts per day.
Can be a bit flaky at times.

Others?

http://acfwiki.pbwiki.com/FreeNewsservers

********

But as the name of the news server has changed from "news.aioe.org" to
"nntp.aioe.org" in the last couple of days, I thought I could post it
again.

Dibley Fanshaw

In article <43eebfb6$0$27805$(E-Mail Removed) >,
"Peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I'm looking for a free news server to use.. Any pointer please...

What's wrong with Woosh's newsfeed?

--
Dibley

Peter

What are woosh news feeds?

"Dibley Fanshaw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <43eebfb6$0$27805$(E-Mail Removed) >,
> "Peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I'm looking for a free news server to use.. Any pointer please...

> What's wrong with Woosh's newsfeed?
>
> --
> Dibley

Tony

Dibley Fanshaw wrote:
> In article <43eebfb6$0$27805$(E-Mail Removed) >,
> "Peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I'm looking for a free news server to use.. Any pointer please...

> What's wrong with Woosh's newsfeed?

Fairly obviously they don't have one !

They are A TelstraClear domestic customer, this means Telstra would sell
them nntp access that they could cache (newscache/dnews both work fine
on a Linux server), and make available to their customers very easily
and cheaply. You might want to try and track down one of their techs and
ask them to do this.

Peter S

"David A' Rebel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Peter wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I'm looking for a free news server to use.. Any pointer please...
>>

>> Cheers Peter
>>

> It seems it doesn't allow you to use a free search engine either, you
> really are screwed aren't you.

Hardly an acceptable response to a friendly and reasonable request on a
newsgroup for that purpose (I'm not the original poster).

Maxim Zakharov

Peter at Вс 12 Февраль 2006 07:51 wrote:

> I'm looking for a free news server to use.. Any pointer please...

Try select at http://www.newzbot.com/
But most of them are read only.

--
http://www.43n39e.ru/nz - search New Zealand