Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > LCD question

LCD question

Snake

My cellphone (I'm sure it must have a little computer in it somewhere)
has got a colour LCD screen. Last Saturday it developed a "blotch" in
the middle of the screen that takes up about half the area of the
screen making the picture go 'negative' for want of a better word - the
colours are inverted.

Does anyone know what would cause this, and most importantly could I
fix it or am I up for a new phone?

thanks
Richard

Waylon Kenning

T'was the 9 Feb 2006 23:15:37 -0800 when I remembered "Snake"

>My cellphone (I'm sure it must have a little computer in it somewhere)
>has got a colour LCD screen. Last Saturday it developed a "blotch" in
>the middle of the screen that takes up about half the area of the
>screen making the picture go 'negative' for want of a better word - the
>colours are inverted.
>
>Does anyone know what would cause this, and most importantly could I
>fix it or am I up for a new phone?

Sounds like the LCD's been impact damaged. Depending on the phone it
could possibly be fixed, perhaps in the $130 price range, however, I'd
go with getting a new phone and new warranty etc.
--
Cheers,

Waylon Kenning.

Iswhatid

On , , 9 Feb 2006 23:15:37 -0800, LCD question, "Snake"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>My cellphone (I'm sure it must have a little computer in it somewhere)
>has got a colour LCD screen. Last Saturday it developed a "blotch" in
>the middle of the screen that takes up about half the area of the
>screen making the picture go 'negative' for want of a better word - the
>colours are inverted.

Sounds as though it needs degaussing.
Is there a degauss button anywhere on the phone or in the memory?
<GRIN>

>Does anyone know what would cause this, and most importantly could I
>fix it or am I up for a new phone?

Seriously though it would be better to get a new phone, fixing
mobile phones is expensive and you would still have an older
phone that is running out of warranty.

---

"I prefer the pleasure of writing bits of nonsense to that of wearing
an embroidered coat which costs 800 francs." (Stendhal)

Rob J

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> On , , 9 Feb 2006 23:15:37 -0800, LCD question, "Snake"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >My cellphone (I'm sure it must have a little computer in it somewhere)
> >has got a colour LCD screen. Last Saturday it developed a "blotch" in
> >the middle of the screen that takes up about half the area of the
> >screen making the picture go 'negative' for want of a better word - the
> >colours are inverted.

> Sounds as though it needs degaussing.
> Is there a degauss button anywhere on the phone or in the memory?
> <GRIN>

How many aliases is that this week, S_ _ _ _ _ _ ?
Almost as many as D_ _ _ _ M _ _ _ _ _

Kent Smith

"Snake" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Does anyone know what would cause this,

I've seen extreme heat damage a phone like this - like if you left it in
your car on a hot day.

-KENT