Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > will dual cpu help a lot?

will dual cpu help a lot?

~misfit~

Bret wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 02:02:29 +1300, "~misfit~"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> However, not all BX chipsets are Coppermine-compatible so he could be
>> limited to running Katmai-cored CPUs which topped out at 600MHz I
>> believe, with specimens faster than 500MHz being rare.

> You can often use a slotket with voltage jumpers on the slot type
> mobos and run Coppermine processors.

I thought there was more to it than simple vcore settings. (Although using
MOSFETs designed to supply 2.0v to supply 1.75 and greater current can cause
considerable shortening of life-span). I thought there were certain features
that the Coppermine has that have to be supported in BIOS.

However, I could be wrong, I've been wrong once before.
--
~misfit~