Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Newsgroup access query

Newsgroup access query

KiwiBrian

I have a friend in Canada whose ISP doesn't carry newsgroups.
She wants to have access to the Photoshop newsgroups.
She is currently using Outlook Express for accessing the Corel newsgroups
via the Corel server.
What are her alternatives for accessing the Photoshop newsgroups?
TIA
Brian Tozer

DaKar

KiwiBrian wrote:

> I have a friend in Canada whose ISP doesn't carry newsgroups.
> She wants to have access to the Photoshop newsgroups.
> She is currently using Outlook Express for accessing the Corel newsgroups
> via the Corel server.
> What are her alternatives for accessing the Photoshop newsgroups?
> TIA
> Brian Tozer

http://www.adobe.com/support/forums/main.html

Nho Whei

On Tue, 7 Feb 2006 18:57:26 +1300, "KiwiBrian" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I have a friend in Canada whose ISP doesn't carry newsgroups.
>She wants to have access to the Photoshop newsgroups.
>She is currently using Outlook Express for accessing the Corel newsgroups
>via the Corel server.
>What are her alternatives for accessing the Photoshop newsgroups?
>TIA
>Brian Tozer

http://groups.google.com/

Peter Huebner

In article <ds9crm$hb2$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> I have a friend in Canada whose ISP doesn't carry newsgroups.
> She wants to have access to the Photoshop newsgroups.
> She is currently using Outlook Express for accessing the Corel newsgroups
> via the Corel server.
> What are her alternatives for accessing the Photoshop newsgroups?
> TIA
> Brian Tozer

News.individual.net (costs 10 or 15 euro per year, I forget)
news.aioe.org (free)
webbased: google groups

h.t.h. -Peter

bambam

"KiwiBrian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:ds9crm$hb2$(E-Mail Removed):

> I have a friend in Canada whose ISP doesn't carry newsgroups.
> She wants to have access to the Photoshop newsgroups.
> She is currently using Outlook Express for accessing the Corel
> newsgroups via the Corel server.
> What are her alternatives for accessing the Photoshop newsgroups?

Aioe.org News Server

http://news.aioe.org/

No user name, password, or registration required.
Limit of 25 posts per day.
Can be a bit flaky at times.

Others?

http://acfwiki.pbwiki.com/FreeNewsservers

AD.

> News.individual.net (costs 10 or 15 euro per year, I forget)

Has anyone else in nz.comp had trouble signing up for that?

Their payment provider refused to believe that I don't live in Germany
(even after saying so) and I can't get through their validation
process. Oh well.

--
Cheers
Anton

Newsgroup query Jeff Rollin Python 2 06-12-2007 10:22 AM
Thunderbird/Newsgroup Query Echy Firefox 2 03-18-2006 06:14 AM
Trying to query the Address table data of AdventureWorks database from Query Analyzer - need help! Learner ASP .Net 1 01-30-2006 08:58 PM
General newsgroup query John Sullivan Computer Support 6 10-05-2005 04:50 PM

Advertisments