Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Widescreen LCD monitor for computer?

Widescreen LCD monitor for computer?

Steve

On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 20:29:36 +1300, Allistar wrote:

> ERNEST THE SHEEP wrote:
>
>> Allistar wrote:

>>> No. Your computer would use the full resolution. Unlike TV, computers
>>> aren't limited to a 4x3 ratio.

>> Thanks, I didn't realise that. I imagine it would look a little odd,
>> athough I suppose you would get used to it after a while. But is this
>> going to be of any benefit is what I really want to know. Is having a
>> widescreen monitor of much use if you don't intend to use it to watch dvds
>> ot television?

> More screen real estate is always better.
>
> I currently have a triple monitor setup (2 17" LCD's and 1 17" CRT) which
> gives me an effective resolution of 3840x1024. May seem gimmicky but I am
> much more productive because of it.
>
> I would personally prefer a two 17" LCDs than one 17" widescreen. I'm not
> sure how the price compares though. Using two (or more) monitors is betten
> (IMO) than a single wide monitor as when a window is maximised it is only
> maximised into the window it occupies, not to the entire desktop space.
>
> Allistar.

There are some monitors (coming up?) on the market that require dual dvi
interfaces, but are a single wide screen. Pricey, but waay cool.

admin@pmbbay.com

Hello & Welcome,
You may view our Free
Guide to Flat Panel TV's as well as browse our direct from the
manufacturer models.
Go to
http://www.pmbbay.com
or www.pmbbay.com

Feel free to email us if you need assistance.
Good Luck!
PMBBAY