Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > paradise usage meter again

paradise usage meter again

smf

So now getting email every night to tell me I have used one more block
over my cap. Just wondering if anyone else had noticed a pattern in the
telstra emails - every one I have received arrives in my email box at
12:03 am. I have received 5 of them now - and yes I have logged it with
the 'desk ...... they aren't particularly interested at all really......

Ross Dawson

On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 07:16:45 +1300, smf <time.enough***@gmail.com>
wrote:

>So now getting email every night to tell me I have used one more block
>over my cap. Just wondering if anyone else had noticed a pattern in the
>telstra emails - every one I have received arrives in my email box at
>12:03 am. I have received 5 of them now - and yes I have logged it with
>the 'desk ...... they aren't particularly interested at all really......

Yep been getting them as well.

--
Cheers for now

Ross Dawson.

Malcolm Moore

wrote:

>So now getting email every night to tell me I have used one more block
>over my cap. Just wondering if anyone else had noticed a pattern in the
>telstra emails - every one I have received arrives in my email box at
>12:03 am. I have received 5 of them now - and yes I have logged it with
>the 'desk ...... they aren't particularly interested at all really......

I despair of Paradise/Telstra getting their act together. My usage
meter seems OK.

However, back when the new plans were introduced it was noted here
that the modem rental charge had also been removed from existing
customers invoices.
Today I received my latest invoice, which includes a rental charge for
Nov, Dec & Jan. No explanation offered. I guess it was too good to
hope for!

I note on Mon's DomPost a story that TC has axed 60 jobs, twice as
many as proposed following a review last year.

<http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3562296a28,00.html>

The story does state

"Ms Laing says TelstraClear's total headcount is unchanged at about
1400 as newly-created roles have been filled."

and then

"The review also highlighted the need for "internal system
improvements, such as billing system integration" to improve customer
service."

Given their recent response to usage meter and other problems I guess
"Yeah, right" is the appropriate comment.

--
Regards
Malcolm

Heisse Kapiti Trinken

On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 07:16:45 +1300, smf wrote:

> So now getting email every night to tell me I have used one more block
> over my cap. Just wondering if anyone else had noticed a pattern in the
> telstra emails - every one I have received arrives in my email box at
> 12:03 am. I have received 5 of them now - and yes I have logged it with
> the 'desk ...... they aren't particularly interested at all really......

Why are you still using Telstra?

Paradise hasn't existed in anything other than name for quite some time
now. The key elements that made Paradise as good as it was have long gone.

Heisse Kapiti Trinken

--
A year after Bill Gates' company wide email on security, Windows was hit
with several nasty worms including Slammer, Sobig, and Blaster. The viruses

Bruce Hoult

In article <pan.2006.02.06.23.33.55.328013@r.>,
Heisse Kapiti Trinken <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 07:16:45 +1300, smf wrote:
>
> > So now getting email every night to tell me I have used one more block
> > over my cap. Just wondering if anyone else had noticed a pattern in the
> > telstra emails - every one I have received arrives in my email box at
> > 12:03 am. I have received 5 of them now - and yes I have logged it with
> > the 'desk ...... they aren't particularly interested at all really......

> Why are you still using Telstra?
>
> Paradise hasn't existed in anything other than name for quite some time
> now. The key elements that made Paradise as good as it was have long gone.

True, but where else can you get 2 Mbps upload speeds and a static IP
for under $100/month?

--
Bruce | 41.1670S | \ spoken | -+-

Heisse Kapiti Trinken

On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 12:47:30 +1300, Bruce Hoult wrote:

>> Paradise hasn't existed in anything other than name for quite some time
>> now. The key elements that made Paradise as good as it was have long gone.

> True, but where else can you get 2 Mbps upload speeds and a static IP
> for under $100/month?

Orcon?

Heisse Kapiti Trinken

--
A year after Bill Gates' company wide email on security, Windows was hit
with several nasty worms including Slammer, Sobig, and Blaster. The viruses
caused major traffic bottlenecks throughout the world, which cost tens of
billions of dollars to clean up.

Peter

Heisse Kapiti Trinken wrote:

> On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 07:16:45 +1300, smf wrote:
>
>> So now getting email every night to tell me I have used one more block
>> over my cap. Just wondering if anyone else had noticed a pattern in the
>> telstra emails - every one I have received arrives in my email box at
>> 12:03 am. I have received 5 of them now - and yes I have logged it with
>> the 'desk ...... they aren't particularly interested at all really......

> Why are you still using Telstra?

In my own case, I don't know, but I am seriously considering returning to
the Telecom fold about the time the new 'phone book comes out (remember you
need to get the wheels rolling about three months before and there is still
a likelihood that Telecom Directories will botch things up).

Tony

Heisse Kapiti Trinken wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 12:47:30 +1300, Bruce Hoult wrote:
>
>>> Paradise hasn't existed in anything other than name for quite some time
>>> now. The key elements that made Paradise as good as it was have long gone.

>> True, but where else can you get 2 Mbps upload speeds and a static IP
>> for under $100/month?

> Orcon?

nope

> Heisse Kapiti Trinken

Bruce Hoult

In article <pan.2006.02.07.00.16.32.383183@r.>,
Heisse Kapiti Trinken <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 12:47:30 +1300, Bruce Hoult wrote:
>
> >> Paradise hasn't existed in anything other than name for quite some time
> >> now. The key elements that made Paradise as good as it was have long gone.

> > True, but where else can you get 2 Mbps upload speeds and a static IP
> > for under $100/month?

> Orcon?

URL, please.

I can see 2 Mbps down DSL (presumably 128 kbps up), but I didn't see
anything with 2 Mbps up.

--
Bruce | 41.1670S | \ spoken | -+-

Heisse Kapiti Trinken

On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 15:04:03 +1300, Tony wrote:

> Heisse Kapiti Trinken wrote:

>>> True, but where else can you get 2 Mbps upload speeds and a static IP
>>> for under $100/month?

>> Orcon?
>>

> nope

I was under the impression that Orcon did not charge for static IP
numbers, and that a 2bm ... <snip>

Ah!

*Upload* speeds!

Why do you need that sort of upload speed? )

Heisse Kapiti Trinken

--
Adam L. Penenberg: "The next time Bill G. promises to make software that is
so fundamentally secure that customers never have to worry about it, ask him