Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > A critical update is available to remove unacceptable symbols fromthe Bookshelf Symbol 7 font

A critical update is available to remove unacceptable symbols fromthe Bookshelf Symbol 7 font

SchoolTech

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=k...918&sid=global

What are these unacceptable symbols?

Nik Coughlin

SchoolTech wrote:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=k...918&sid=global
>
> What are these unacceptable symbols?

Two swastikas. They weren't Nazi swastikas though, they were from a set of
Japanese kanji characters.

~misfit~

Nik Coughlin wrote:
> SchoolTech wrote:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=k...918&sid=global
>>
>> What are these unacceptable symbols?

> Two swastikas. They weren't Nazi swastikas though, they were from a
> set of Japanese kanji characters.

Sweet baby Jesus! How far can you take political correctness before it
becomes just plain ridiculous?
--
~misfit~

Jerry

~misfit~ wrote:
> Nik Coughlin wrote:
>
>>SchoolTech wrote:
>>
>>>http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=k...918&sid=global
>>>
>>>What are these unacceptable symbols?

>>Two swastikas. They weren't Nazi swastikas though, they were from a
>>set of Japanese kanji characters.

> Sweet baby Jesus! How far can you take political correctness before it
> becomes just plain ridiculous?

It's well past that point

Waylon Kenning

T'was the Fri, 3 Feb 2006 16:53:56 +1300 when I remembered "~misfit~"

>> Two swastikas. They weren't Nazi swastikas though, they were from a
>> set of Japanese kanji characters.

>Sweet baby Jesus! How far can you take political correctness before it
>becomes just plain ridiculous?

Probably if someone said to you to stop talking about baby Jesus being
sweet?

Still, if you happen to offend the masses, you can get into trouble
easily. Ask the Danish in regards to caricatures of Mohammed.
--
Cheers,

Waylon Kenning.

~misfit~

Waylon Kenning wrote:
> T'was the Fri, 3 Feb 2006 16:53:56 +1300 when I remembered "~misfit~"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> saying something like this:
>
>>> Two swastikas. They weren't Nazi swastikas though, they were from a
>>> set of Japanese kanji characters.

>> Sweet baby Jesus! How far can you take political correctness before
>> it becomes just plain ridiculous?

> Probably if someone said to you to stop talking about baby Jesus being
> sweet?

Heh! True.

> Still, if you happen to offend the masses, you can get into trouble
> easily. Ask the Danish in regards to caricatures of Mohammed.

Yeah, I heard about that.
--
~misfit~