Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > mail paranoia

mail paranoia

XPD

Sent an email to someone today and got this in return.... paranoid
Hehe....
Wonder how many people go "aww, fudge it" and dont bother sending the blank
email.

This message was created automatically by my Spam Filtering
System at Actrix Networks.

Sorry, but you (my email) are not on my list of pre-approved contacts,
so your message (attached) has been put on hold.

If you need to get that message to me urgently, or would just
like me to receive it, please send a blank reply to this e-mail.
This will release your original message to my mailbox. By doing
this you will confirm that your message is legitimate, and not
spam/junkmail.

However, if you wish to be added to my list of pre-approved
contacts permanently, so that future e-mails from you can
reach me unhindered, please e-mail me again and ask.

For more information on Actrix security services go to:
http://www.actrix.co.nz/domestic/security/

If you do not respond to this confirmation request within 30 days,
your message will not be delivered.

The Other Guy

XPD wrote:
> Sent an email to someone today and got this in return.... paranoid
> Hehe....
> Wonder how many people go "aww, fudge it" and dont bother sending the blank
> email.

> This message was created automatically by my Spam Filtering
> System at Actrix Networks.
>
> Sorry, but you (my email) are not on my list of pre-approved contacts,
> so your message (attached) has been put on hold.
>
> If you need to get that message to me urgently, or would just
> like me to receive it, please send a blank reply to this e-mail.
> This will release your original message to my mailbox. By doing
> this you will confirm that your message is legitimate, and not
> spam/junkmail.
>
> However, if you wish to be added to my list of pre-approved
> contacts permanently, so that future e-mails from you can
> reach me unhindered, please e-mail me again and ask.
>
> For more information on Actrix security services go to:
> http://www.actrix.co.nz/domestic/security/
>
> If you do not respond to this confirmation request within 30 days,
> your message will not be delivered.

Depends how important the message is, but normally I wouldn't bother.

One thing I _NEVER_ do however is use a non-email method of releasing
messages. Why should I go to a Web page just to send someone e-mail?

These systems are idiotic, implemented by retards, the same sort of
people who block invalid EHLO values, despite the fact that the RFC
explicitly states they cannot.

The integrity of e-mail is completely buggered, not because of spammers,
but because of **** like this.

The Other Guy

Bruce Sinclair

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, "XPD" <(E-Mail Removed)....nz> wrote:
>Sent an email to someone today and got this in return.... paranoid
>Hehe....
>Wonder how many people go "aww, fudge it" and dont bother sending the blank
>email.

I know I don't bother. They are making real mail into spam by default. OK
... their choice

Bruce

(if there were any)

Paranoia..Paranoia..Am I on the right track?.. any help please? tomas Computer Security 8 10-27-2006 11:38 PM
[OT]: Monday Paranoia TBone MCSE 54 04-12-2006 02:42 AM
Paranoia Button John Firefox 4 06-01-2005 02:55 AM
Paranoia or Heightened Awareness? dwacon Computer Support 3 10-10-2004 02:19 PM
paranoia... much too much adcl Computer Support 14 11-08-2003 05:18 PM

Advertisments