Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Argh @ Trade Me

Argh @ Trade Me

Jerry

XPD wrote:
> "Krazy Bob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:M7SCf.49688$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Recieved a email today advising me im 1 cent in debt with my acount on
>>trade me and telling me i have to pay $10 to credit it back.
>>i laughed because im not paying simply because they tell me to, i'll do it
>>when i feel like it.
>>
>>So now, i log into trade me, nice warning banner tellin me im 1 cent OD,
>>and go to ask a question and im not allowed because im 1 cent OD, and if i
>>ask anyway i risk getting my account suspended.
>>all this because of 1 cent....*lol*

> Yeah, its stupid... altho a friend of mine kept getting letters from IHUG
> asking him to pay $0.3c on his bill or it'd be sent to Baycorp - he had
> closed his account 3 months earlier and he had kept emailing IHUG asking how
> to pay the 3c and never got an answer. So I went out to reception (I use to
> work for IHUG at the time) and threw them a 5c coin and gave them his
> username.
> The letters stopped after that.... but no mention of his 2c credit/change

When I was with IHUG, years ago, they used to send me an e-mail on the
20th of
every month saying my account was overdue. I paid a month in advance once,
and still got the nastygram saying my account was overdue. I sent back
an e-mail
and the replied with a statement for $0.00 and a demand for immediate
payment.
about that time Saturn put the cable down my street and I dumped IHUG.
They may have improved since, but their accounts, and customer service
was hopeless.

Krazy Bob

> "Krazy Bob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:M7SCf.49688$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Recieved a email today advising me im 1 cent in debt with my acount on
>> trade me and telling me i have to pay $10 to credit it back.
>> i laughed because im not paying simply because they tell me to, i'll do
>> it when i feel like it.
>>
>> So now, i log into trade me, nice warning banner tellin me im 1 cent OD,
>> and go to ask a question and im not allowed because im 1 cent OD, and if
>> i ask anyway i risk getting my account suspended.
>> all this because of 1 cent....*lol*
>>
>> KB

> Sounds like a con.
>
> Save it for when Fair Go starts up again. They'll be more than pleased to
> do yet another show about Trademe.
>
> E. Scrooge

Might just do that

Krazy Bob

"XPD" <(E-Mail Removed)....nz> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Krazy Bob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:M7SCf.49688$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Recieved a email today advising me im 1 cent in debt with my acount on
>> trade me and telling me i have to pay $10 to credit it back.
>> i laughed because im not paying simply because they tell me to, i'll do
>> it when i feel like it.
>>
>> So now, i log into trade me, nice warning banner tellin me im 1 cent OD,
>> and go to ask a question and im not allowed because im 1 cent OD, and if
>> i ask anyway i risk getting my account suspended.
>> all this because of 1 cent....*lol*

> Yeah, its stupid... altho a friend of mine kept getting letters from IHUG
> asking him to pay $0.3c on his bill or it'd be sent to Baycorp - he had
> closed his account 3 months earlier and he had kept emailing IHUG asking
> how to pay the 3c and never got an answer. So I went out to reception (I
> use to work for IHUG at the time) and threw them a 5c coin and gave them
> his username.
> The letters stopped after that.... but no mention of his 2c credit/change

*lol* at going to baycorp baycorp.
i work for bp and all of our drive off's go through baycorp but its comming
to a point where im just forgetting about the whole thing because they
charge up to 65 cents in the dollar for retrieval, and for a $10 or $20
drive off it costs more time and money than its actually worth, and going
back to 3 cents, i doubt there would seriously care (baycorp) that is.

KB

Barry Lennox

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 02:42:37 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)le (S Roby) wrote:

>In article <jXTCf.52795$(E-Mail Removed)>, "Krazy Bob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>"S Roby" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>newsVTCf.52793$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> you are using their service & logging onto their website
>>> They have every right to ask you to pay whatever they seem fit
>>> Minimum payments arent that uncommon now.
>>>
>>> Of course you have the right to refuse to pay & not use them.
>>>
>>> Its a bit like when companies used to post invoices/bills for (say) 25c
>>> owed.

>>true. my point was i think its a bit extreme to say pay us $10 to cover the
>>one cent debt *now* or else.
>>

>Agrred. & they will continue to do this as long as everyone just goes along
>with it.

That's why I don't and won't use them. That and their arrogant 0900
number if you want to resolve a problem that their system created.
****'em. I find anything I need in the Trade and Exchange papers.

geopelia

Are you sure it is really Trade Me sending this demand for money?

I keep getting emails about my account from Ebay and PayPal. I have never
had an account with either of them!
Some sort of email scam going on, nothing to do with the genuine Ebay and
PayPal.
Maybe this is something the same.

Geopelia

Krazy Bob

"geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:42aDf.71020$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Are you sure it is really Trade Me sending this demand for money?
>
> I keep getting emails about my account from Ebay and PayPal. I have never
> had an account with either of them!
> Some sort of email scam going on, nothing to do with the genuine Ebay and
> PayPal.
> Maybe this is something the same.
>
> Geopelia

Yea you could be right, but no i logged on to trademe, but using my
bookmark, and they stoped me from asking a question because i was 1 cent in
debt,

KB

S Roby

>That's why I don't and won't use them. That and their arrogant 0900
>number if you want to resolve a problem that their system created.

I remeber trying to report a trader selling a blatantly copied/pirated game.
I had to go through there stupid online system where you had to choose between
preselected subject you wanted to contact them on.
Absolutly nothing, no option to report piracy.
I had to ring the 0900 to report piracy.

Fran

Krazy Bob wrote:
> Yea you could be right, but no i logged on to trademe, but using my
> bookmark, and they stoped me from asking a question because i was 1 cent
> in debt,
>
> KB

Their software sees you are in debt.
You are not allowed to ask questions on auctions if you are in debt.

What was the problem again?

Fran

Andrew

Bruce Sinclair wrote:
> In article <jXTCf.52795$(E-Mail Removed)>, "Krazy Bob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> "S Roby" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> newsVTCf.52793$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> you are using their service & logging onto their website
>>> They have every right to ask you to pay whatever they seem fit
>>> Minimum payments arent that uncommon now.
>>>
>>> Of course you have the right to refuse to pay & not use them.
>>>
>>> Its a bit like when companies used to post invoices/bills for (say) 25c
>>> owed.

>> true. my point was i think its a bit extreme to say pay us $10 to cover the
>> one cent debt *now* or else.

> What about when you are not in debit at all then ? ... why do they insist
> that you start with $10 ... when you owe them nothing at all ?
> Yes I Know ... because they can
>

> Bruce

> I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good
> people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and
> only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.
>
> Lord Vetinari in Guards ! Guards ! - Terry Pratchett
>
> Caution ===== followups may have been changed to relevant groups
> (if there were any)

THe good thing about this method is it helps to stop people from
creating multiple aliases if they have had negative feed back

Bruce Sinclair