Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Argh @ Trade Me

Argh @ Trade Me

Krazy Bob

Recieved a email today advising me im 1 cent in debt with my acount on trade
me and telling me i have to pay $10 to credit it back.
i laughed because im not paying simply because they tell me to, i'll do it
when i feel like it.

So now, i log into trade me, nice warning banner tellin me im 1 cent OD, and
go to ask a question and im not allowed because im 1 cent OD, and if i ask
anyway i risk getting my account suspended.
all this because of 1 cent....*lol*

KB

The Other Guy

Krazy Bob wrote:
> Recieved a email today advising me im 1 cent in debt with my acount on trade
> me and telling me i have to pay $10 to credit it back.
> i laughed because im not paying simply because they tell me to, i'll do it
> when i feel like it.
>
> So now, i log into trade me, nice warning banner tellin me im 1 cent OD, and
> go to ask a question and im not allowed because im 1 cent OD, and if i ask
> anyway i risk getting my account suspended.
> all this because of 1 cent....*lol*

I agree. TradeMe is asking us for money that they have no right to IMO
by insisting on a top up that is at least $10. I am not going to give
them $10 to cover a debt of around $3. If I call them to try and sort
out a smaller payment to cover my current debt, I'd end up paying them
more by way of 0900 call charges than I owe them!

The Other Guy

Krazy Bob

"The Other Guy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:43dbf693$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Krazy Bob wrote:
>> Recieved a email today advising me im 1 cent in debt with my acount on
>> trade me and telling me i have to pay $10 to credit it back.
>> i laughed because im not paying simply because they tell me to, i'll do
>> it when i feel like it.
>>
>> So now, i log into trade me, nice warning banner tellin me im 1 cent OD,
>> and go to ask a question and im not allowed because im 1 cent OD, and if
>> i ask anyway i risk getting my account suspended.
>> all this because of 1 cent....*lol*

> I agree. TradeMe is asking us for money that they have no right to IMO by
> insisting on a top up that is at least $10. I am not going to give them
> $10 to cover a debt of around $3. If I call them to try and sort out a
> smaller payment to cover my current debt, I'd end up paying them more by
> way of 0900 call charges than I owe them!
>
> The Other Guy

i believe if you have a larger debt, sure restrict his privillages, but
surely for one cent, they can just keep a friendly warning banning when i
log in or something.

Krazy Bob

"S Roby" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsVTCf.52793$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>I agree. TradeMe is asking us for money that they have no right to IMO
>>by insisting on a top up that is at least $10. I am not going to give

> you are using their service & logging onto their website
> They have every right to ask you to pay whatever they seem fit
> Minimum payments arent that uncommon now.
>
> Of course you have the right to refuse to pay & not use them.
>
> Its a bit like when companies used to post invoices/bills for (say) 25c
> owed.

true. my point was i think its a bit extreme to say pay us $10 to cover the
one cent debt *now* or else.

S Roby

>I agree. TradeMe is asking us for money that they have no right to IMO
>by insisting on a top up that is at least $10. I am not going to give

you are using their service & logging onto their website
They have every right to ask you to pay whatever they seem fit
Minimum payments arent that uncommon now.

Of course you have the right to refuse to pay & not use them.

Its a bit like when companies used to post invoices/bills for (say) 25c owed.

E. Scrooge

"Krazy Bob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:M7SCf.49688$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Recieved a email today advising me im 1 cent in debt with my acount on
> trade me and telling me i have to pay $10 to credit it back.
> i laughed because im not paying simply because they tell me to, i'll do it
> when i feel like it.
>
> So now, i log into trade me, nice warning banner tellin me im 1 cent OD,
> and go to ask a question and im not allowed because im 1 cent OD, and if i
> ask anyway i risk getting my account suspended.
> all this because of 1 cent....*lol*
>
> KB

Sounds like a con.

Save it for when Fair Go starts up again. They'll be more than pleased to
do yet another show about Trademe.

E. Scrooge

E. Scrooge

"S Roby" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:k6VCf.52816$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <1138498117.951269@ftpsrv1>, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
> (*sling)> wrote:
>>
>>"Krazy Bob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:M7SCf.49688$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Recieved a email today advising me im 1 cent in debt with my acount on
>>> trade me and telling me i have to pay $10 to credit it back.
>>> i laughed because im not paying simply because they tell me to, i'll do
>>> it
>>> when i feel like it.
>>>
>>> So now, i log into trade me, nice warning banner tellin me im 1 cent OD,
>>> and go to ask a question and im not allowed because im 1 cent OD, and if
>>> ask anyway i risk getting my account suspended.
>>> all this because of 1 cent....*lol*
>>>
>>> KB

>>Sounds like a con.
>>
>>Save it for when Fair Go starts up again. They'll be more than pleased to
>>do yet another show about Trademe.
>>

> Do you remeber the interview (dont think it was FairGo) when the trade me
> dude just reached over & turned off the microphone when he didnt like the
> way
> things were going.

Not really as they've been on Fair Go a few times. One of the more recent
one's involved the age of the people selling the goods. A guy at Fair Go
signed up on Trademe as 5 year old.

E. Scrooge

S Roby

In article <jXTCf.52795$(E-Mail Removed)>, "Krazy Bob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"S Roby" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>newsVTCf.52793$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>

>>>I agree. TradeMe is asking us for money that they have no right to IMO
>>>by insisting on a top up that is at least $10. I am not going to give

>> you are using their service & logging onto their website
>> They have every right to ask you to pay whatever they seem fit
>> Minimum payments arent that uncommon now.
>>
>> Of course you have the right to refuse to pay & not use them.
>>
>> Its a bit like when companies used to post invoices/bills for (say) 25c
>> owed.

>true. my point was i think its a bit extreme to say pay us $10 to cover the
>one cent debt *now* or else.

Agrred. & they will continue to do this as long as everyone just goes along
with it.

S Roby

In article <1138498117.951269@ftpsrv1>, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)> wrote:

>"Krazy Bob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:M7SCf.49688$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Recieved a email today advising me im 1 cent in debt with my acount on
>> trade me and telling me i have to pay $10 to credit it back.
>> i laughed because im not paying simply because they tell me to, i'll do it
>> when i feel like it.
>>
>> So now, i log into trade me, nice warning banner tellin me im 1 cent OD,
>> and go to ask a question and im not allowed because im 1 cent OD, and if i
>> ask anyway i risk getting my account suspended.
>> all this because of 1 cent....*lol*
>>
>> KB

>Sounds like a con.
>
>Save it for when Fair Go starts up again. They'll be more than pleased to
>do yet another show about Trademe.

Do you remeber the interview (dont think it was FairGo) when the trade me
dude just reached over & turned off the microphone when he didnt like the way
things were going.

XPD

"Krazy Bob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:M7SCf.49688$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Recieved a email today advising me im 1 cent in debt with my acount on
> trade me and telling me i have to pay $10 to credit it back.
> i laughed because im not paying simply because they tell me to, i'll do it
> when i feel like it.
>
> So now, i log into trade me, nice warning banner tellin me im 1 cent OD,
> and go to ask a question and im not allowed because im 1 cent OD, and if i
> ask anyway i risk getting my account suspended.
> all this because of 1 cent....*lol*

Yeah, its stupid... altho a friend of mine kept getting letters from IHUG
asking him to pay $0.3c on his bill or it'd be sent to Baycorp - he had
closed his account 3 months earlier and he had kept emailing IHUG asking how
to pay the 3c and never got an answer. So I went out to reception (I use to
work for IHUG at the time) and threw them a 5c coin and gave them his
username.
The letters stopped after that.... but no mention of his 2c credit/change