Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > HP PSC 1315

HP PSC 1315

E. Scrooge

"geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4hHEf.126012$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)> wrote in message
>>
>> "geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:2%yEf.125898$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >
>> > Thank you. It sounds very much like my old Acer scanner, to use. With

> that
>> > one though I had to scan, move it to My Documents, and then print it

> out.
>> >
>> > I've just scanned a photo and sent it to a friend. It looks quite
>> > simple
>> > once I get used to pushing the buttons etc, but took ages for a first

> try,
>> > it was on Yahoo, which always takes ages, OE is much quicker.
>> >
>> > With these messages going to the whole group, there must be many people
>> > benefiting from your wise advice.
>> >
>> > Geopelia

>> I don't know about that, some around here would have their own ideas and
>> experiences.
>>
>> A good free image program is Irfan View if you haven't got it already.
>> It will work with your scanner and printer. It has some good basic

> picture
>> editing features.
>>
>> When sending a jpg photo you can give it more compression while saving it
>> under a different name so that you can send it as a small jpg file in an
>> email to someone. Between 100KB and 200KB are small enough files for
>> pictures to email.
>> You don't want to send a 2MB picture by email on dial up to someone else

> on
>> dial up - could take a good 10 minutes or so.
>> Keep good high quality edited versions of pictures for yourself for
>> printing. Heavy compressed email versions won't print out looking as
>> good
>> as high quality pictures will.
>>
>> E. Scrooge
>>

> I make the pictures smaller for emailing with the marks at the sides of
> the
> picture. People send me pictures that are huge and take ages to arrive.
> I won't be printing many pictures, the glossy paper and coloured ink is so
> expensive.
>
> Geopelia

A packet of a 100 sheets of 4" X 6" gloss paper (Alco) is either about $15
or $19 at the Warehouse. They have A4 paper as well. Dick Smith have cheap
enough paper too.
The best real glossy paper I've seen were the samples that came with the
Canon printer.

People that send large file size pictures just don't know any better. Some
more compression doesn't hurt the picture quality much.

I'm just surprised at how many pictures the little colour cartridge in the
Canon can do before needing replacing. The old Epson ESC P2 has cartridge
that are at least 3 X larger in size - prints a much lower resolution but
drinks the ink in no time at all.

Doing any special A4 prints is much cheaper than getting that size printed
at a photo outfit. I've got a picture of a bee on a flower that I took on
S-macro that measures about 22 inches long by just over 15 inches (it
printed it out on 4 sheets of A4 then just a matter of putting them in the
right corners and sticking them together. The HPs will do large poster size
prints as well, best to have a real good quality picture.

By printing your own pictures you also save on running round costs and best
you have full control over how much unneeded background you want in the
picture giving a much better picture of just your main subject.

E. Scrooge

geopelia

> [...]

> that are at least 3 X larger in size - prints a much lower resolution but
> drinks the ink in no time at all.
>
> Doing any special A4 prints is much cheaper than getting that size printed
> at a photo outfit. I've got a picture of a bee on a flower that I took on
> S-macro that measures about 22 inches long by just over 15 inches (it
> printed it out on 4 sheets of A4 then just a matter of putting them in the
> right corners and sticking them together. The HPs will do large poster

size
> prints as well, best to have a real good quality picture.
>
> By printing your own pictures you also save on running round costs and

best
> you have full control over how much unneeded background you want in the
> picture giving a much better picture of just your main subject.

We haven't got a digital camera yet. I send my pictures by email and let my
relatives print them out for themselves. Crafty, eh!

Geopelia

HP PSC 1315 Achtung Windows 64bit 4 08-08-2006 02:31 PM
HP PCS 1315 @ Windows X64 Benjamin Slutch Windows 64bit 3 09-15-2005 06:27 AM
COM object creation fails when impersonation is done [PSC] =?Utf-8?B?QW50aG9ueSBNdW50ZXI=?= ASP .Net 8 05-12-2004 07:21 AM
Another try... HELP! Can't get HP PSC 2110 printer to reinstall in Win98 jeff Computer Support 2 12-02-2003 04:18 PM
HP PSC 2100 install problems with Win98 jeff Computer Support 0 11-30-2003 04:40 PM

Advertisments