Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > HOW TO ENABLE FILE SHARING

HOW TO ENABLE FILE SHARING

=?Utf-8?B?aGVyYm90dXJibzEyM0Bjb21jYXN0Lm5ldA==?=

i learned that i do have a wireless network set up but i dont have file sharing

i want to be able to work on something on my laptop
save it
access it on a different computer

I DONT KNOW WHERE TO EVEN START WITH FILE SHARING. SO ANY INFORMATION WOULD
HELP. I RELIAZE I DONT HAVE A SPECIFIC QUESTION, BUT THATS BECUASE I DONT
KNOW WHERE TO EVEN BEGIN. PLEASE HELP ASAP

mikeFNB

WELL HOW ABOUT USING A SEARCH ENGINE

and don't shout...it's rude.

try:
http://www.ezlan.net/

mike

"(E-Mail Removed)"
<(E-Mail Removed)@discussions.microsoft.c om> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> i learned that i do have a wireless network set up but i dont have file

sharing

> i want to be able to work on something on my laptop
> save it
> access it on a different computer
>
> I DONT KNOW WHERE TO EVEN START WITH FILE SHARING. SO ANY INFORMATION

WOULD
> HELP. I RELIAZE I DONT HAVE A SPECIFIC QUESTION, BUT THATS BECUASE I DONT
> KNOW WHERE TO EVEN BEGIN. PLEASE HELP ASAP

=?Utf-8?B?aGVyYm90dXJibzEyM0Bjb21jYXN0Lm5ldA==?=

articles all too general
need more specifics
step by step instructions needed

mikeFNB

ok i'll go to a search engine again..........

oh look..........

http://www.homenethelp.com/web/howto/net.asp

mike

"(E-Mail Removed)"
<(E-Mail Removed) > wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> articles all too general
> need more specifics
> step by step instructions needed

Jack

Hi
Hmm. These two pages on ezlan.net provide you with links to other pages
(depending on your OS with Steps).
Installing Network: http://www.ezlan.net/installing.html
File Sharing: http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
In addition typing the term Drive Sharing into Windows Native help provide
you with.
To share a drive or folder on the network
Open Windows Explorer, and then locate the drive or folder you want to
share.
Right-click the drive or folder, and then click Sharing and Security.
If you are sharing a drive, on the Sharing tab, click If you understand the
risk but still want to share the root of the drive, click here.
If you are sharing a folder, go to the next step.
Do one of the following:
If the Share this folder on the network check box is available, select the
check box.
If the Share this folder on the network check box is unavailable, this
computer is not on a network. If you would like to set up a home or small
office network, click the Network Setup Wizard link and follow the
instructions to turn on file sharing. Once file sharing is enabled, begin
this procedure again.
And with some ingenuity you might find much more.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"(E-Mail Removed)"
<(E-Mail Removed)@discussions.microsoft.c om> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> i learned that i do have a wireless network set up but i dont have file

sharing

> i want to be able to work on something on my laptop
> save it
> access it on a different computer
>
> I DONT KNOW WHERE TO EVEN START WITH FILE SHARING. SO ANY INFORMATION

WOULD
> HELP. I RELIAZE I DONT HAVE A SPECIFIC QUESTION, BUT THATS BECUASE I DONT
> KNOW WHERE TO EVEN BEGIN. PLEASE HELP ASAP

=?Utf-8?B?aGVyYm90dXJibzEyM0Bjb21jYXN0Lm5ldA==?=

AFTER TALKING TO SEVERAL PEOPLE I SEEMED TO MAKE SOME ADVANCES. HERE IS A
LOOK AT WHAT I CURRENTLY NEED.

when i open up the window MY NETWORK PLACES it is to show the files in which
you are sharing.

HOWEVER, it does not show anything.

someone told me to do the following
-go to add new
-click other places
-click browse
-click entire network
-click the workgroup
-click file to share (THIS IS WHERE I HAVE THE PROBLEM. THERE ARE NO FILES
UNDERNEATH MY WORKGROUP NAME)

please help

=?Utf-8?B?aGVyYm90dXJibzEyM0Bjb21jYXN0Lm5ldA==?=

when i open up my network places the folder i want to share appears. this is
so with both computers. HOWEVER, THE PROBLEMS HAS NOT BEEN RESOLVED

i cannot access the shared file on my desktop from my laptop. how do i
access the shared folders on other computers???

=?Utf-8?B?aGVyYm90dXJibzEyM0Bjb21jYXN0Lm5ldA==?=

see this is what i want to do. i have a laptop and a desktop. i want to be
able to go to the desktop and work on something i was doing on my laptop.
AND. i want to be able to go to my laptop and work on something i was doing
on my desktop. please help me. asap

HELP ME SET UP SO I CAN DO WHAT I WANT TO

=?Utf-8?B?aGVyYm90dXJibzEyM0Bjb21jYXN0Lm5ldA==?=

PROBLEM SOLVED:

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP. I CAN NOW ACCESS SHARED FILES ON ALL COMPUTERS.
THIS CASE IS CLOSED