Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Scalar equivalent for PC?

Scalar equivalent for PC?

Keith

My (7 yr old) son has become besotted with Scalar, a game he has been
playing on his mate's Xbox. Scalar is available for Xbox and PS 2 but
not for the PC.

I don't want to fork out $270 for a platform machine just for one game.
Does anybody know Scalar and recomend something similar for a PC? TIA

XPD

"Keith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> My (7 yr old) son has become besotted with Scalar, a game he has been
> playing on his mate's Xbox. Scalar is available for Xbox and PS 2 but
> not for the PC.
>
> I don't want to fork out $270 for a platform machine just for one game.
> Does anybody know Scalar and recomend something similar for a PC? TIA

You sure thats the name ? Unable to find anything online relating to an
actual game (apart from the graphics side of things...ie: scalar graphics)
with that name.

Daniel

XPD wrote:
> "Keith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>
>>My (7 yr old) son has become besotted with Scalar, a game he has been
>>playing on his mate's Xbox. Scalar is available for Xbox and PS 2 but
>>not for the PC.
>>
>>I don't want to fork out $270 for a platform machine just for one game.
>>Does anybody know Scalar and recomend something similar for a PC? TIA

> You sure thats the name ? Unable to find anything online relating to an
> actual game (apart from the graphics side of things...ie: scalar graphics)
> with that name.

I think the correct spelling is Scaler (possibly pronounced scalar).

Keith

In article <drbidt$jd2$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...
> XPD wrote:
> > "Keith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> >
> >>My (7 yr old) son has become besotted with Scalar, a game he has been
> >>playing on his mate's Xbox. Scalar is available for Xbox and PS 2 but
> >>not for the PC.
> >>
> >>I don't want to fork out $270 for a platform machine just for one game.
> >>Does anybody know Scalar and recomend something similar for a PC? TIA

> > You sure thats the name ? Unable to find anything online relating to an
> > actual game (apart from the graphics side of things...ie: scalar graphics)
> > with that name.
> >

> I think the correct spelling is Scaler (possibly pronounced scalar).

Ewe arr write!

Daniel

Keith wrote:
> My (7 yr old) son has become besotted with Scalar, a game he has been
> playing on his mate's Xbox. Scalar is available for Xbox and PS 2 but
> not for the PC.
>
> I don't want to fork out $270 for a platform machine just for one game.
> Does anybody know Scalar and recomend something similar for a PC? TIA

Personally, I think you may better served getting a dedicated console in
the long run.

So many "family-friendly" games targetted at a younger audience just
aren't availabe on the PC. Plus I've found the PC to be a less
convenient gaming platform for young kids for various reasons (mainly
because the "big" kid likes to play his games... ahem). Also, console
games are designed to be played with console constrollers - which can't
be said of PC games (i.e. it's probably more intuitive to pick-up and
play with an Xbox controller than to use a keyboard).
Plus a lot video shops will rent you games anyway (United Video are
quite good I've found), if you want a cheap source of short-term and
varied gaming enjoyment.