Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Answer: Calling Mobiles overseas from an NZ land-line

Answer: Calling Mobiles overseas from an NZ land-line

steve

I usually call mobiles in North America, where a call to a mobile from an NZ
land line costs the same as a call to a land line. I wrongly assumed this
was the case for all countries.

But here is the list of 40 countries where you DO have to pay more to call a
mobile phone from a Kiwi land line (via Telecom, anyway).

http://www.telecom.co.nz/content/0,3...1-1461,00.html

Thanks to the group for prompting me to look into the detail. I've learned
something here.

Dave Taylor

steve <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I usually call mobiles in North America, where a call to a mobile from
> an NZ land line costs the same as a call to a land line. I wrongly
> assumed this was the case for all countries.
>
> But here is the list of 40 countries where you DO have to pay more to
> call a mobile phone from a Kiwi land line (via Telecom, anyway).
>
> http://www.telecom.co.nz/content/0,3...1-1461,00.html
>
> Thanks to the group for prompting me to look into the detail. I've
> learned something here.

"Skype out" works for me.

--
Ciao, Dave