Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Knode Menu bar

Knode Menu bar

steve

I've been using the Knode newsreader on Linux for quite a while now.

This morning, I accidentally alt-clicked on the menu bar in Knode and found
I could change it's orientation....or detach it and have it floating
(always on top in Knode, but).....

The floating thing is very cool.....as I can put it in the preview pane to
the right of where the headers alway are.....visually out of the ay of the
text.....and it's barely a twitch to reach it and click on
something.....instead of moving the mouse cursor up to the menu bar in it's
more usual location.

Cool.

In case anyone didn't know about this (I'm sure many do), give it a go.

Gordon

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 10:31:08 +1300, steve wrote:

> I've been using the Knode newsreader on Linux for quite a while now.
>
> This morning, I accidentally alt-clicked on the menu bar in Knode and found
> I could change it's orientation....or detach it and have it floating
> (always on top in Knode, but).....
>
> The floating thing is very cool.....as I can put it in the preview pane to
> the right of where the headers alway are.....visually out of the ay of the
> text.....and it's barely a twitch to reach it and click on
> something.....instead of moving the mouse cursor up to the menu bar in it's
> more usual location.
>
> Cool.
>
> In case anyone didn't know about this (I'm sure many do), give it a go.

Tell us, why has not crossed your mind that Knode, in this case has not
*many* options for getting it the way you pefer it. After all people who
use the programmes are writing them and they do listen to feedback.

steve

Gordon wrote:

> Tell us, why has not crossed your mind that Knode, in this case has not
> many options for getting it the way you pefer it. After all people who
> use the programmes are writing them and they do listen to feedback.

Would you care to translate that into English?