Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: Maori coax crimping tool.

Re: Maori coax crimping tool.

EMB

grumpyoldhori wrote:

<snip>

Maybe i should modify my hydraulic swage (for hose fittings) to crimp up
N-connectors.

--
EMB

Dave Taylor

EMB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:dr701f$4vc$(E-Mail Removed):

> grumpyoldhori wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> Maybe i should modify my hydraulic swage (for hose fittings) to crimp up
> N-connectors.

labour costs to make the bits and peices? less than 120.00? nice bodge
job if so.

--
Ciao, Dave

grumpyoldhori

EMB wrote:

> Maybe i should modify my hydraulic swage (for hose fittings) to crimp up
> N-connectors.

whoops,I will modify that about the hydraulic fittings.
Made the die up,but used a thirty ton press to do them.
Memory and old age.
grumpy

grumpyoldhori

Dave Taylor wrote:

> labour costs to make the bits and peices? less than 120.00? nice bodge
> job if so.

labour at say thirty bucks,total $45.
grumpy

Craig Sutton

"EMB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dr701f$4vc$(E-Mail Removed)...
> grumpyoldhori wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> Maybe i should modify my hydraulic swage (for hose fittings) to crimp up
> N-connectors.

A pair of pliers? or use the vice..

EMB

Dave Taylor wrote:
> EMB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:dr701f$4vc$(E-Mail Removed):

>>Maybe i should modify my hydraulic swage (for hose fittings) to crimp up
>>N-connectors.

> labour costs to make the bits and peices? less than 120.00? nice bodge
> job if so.

I was just taking things to a ludicrous conclusion - a 40 ton pressure,
$3500 swage is probably overkill for crimping coax connectors, but
making an adaptor will stave off boredom when i haven't got much on.
And I've already got a crimping tool for doing them in my toolbox.

--
EMB