Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > turn off autostart on ulead dvdplay?

turn off autostart on ulead dvdplay?

outofdate

Everytime I put a dvd in my computer ulead dvd player automatically starts
up and it is driving me around the bend because I can't find anyway to stop
it doing this. It came as part of ulead videostudio 9, from what I remember
I did not get any option on whether to install it and there is no separate
launch icon for the player. I am running win98se.

ardz

"outofdate" <outofdate@computer> wrote in message
news:43d6abb5$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Everytime I put a dvd in my computer ulead dvd player automatically starts
> up and it is driving me around the bend because I can't find anyway to
> stop
> it doing this. It came as part of ulead videostudio 9, from what I
> remember
> I did not get any option on whether to install it and there is no separate
> launch icon for the player. I am running win98se.

You can double click on my computer,then right click your DVD drive and go
to the autoplay options. It will have an option for DVD Movie where you can
select the "take no action" option if you dont want it to start playing.

ardz

"ardz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:kwzBf.21216$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "outofdate" <outofdate@computer> wrote in message
> news:43d6abb5$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Everytime I put a dvd in my computer ulead dvd player automatically
>> starts
>> up and it is driving me around the bend because I can't find anyway to
>> stop
>> it doing this. It came as part of ulead videostudio 9, from what I
>> remember
>> I did not get any option on whether to install it and there is no
>> separate
>> launch icon for the player. I am running win98se.
>>

> You can double click on my computer,then right click your DVD drive and
> go to the autoplay options. It will have an option for DVD Movie where you
> can select the "take no action" option if you dont want it to start
> playing.

Whoops realised you are on 98....should be similar : - /

outofdate

"ardz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cyzBf.21218$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "ardz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:kwzBf.21216$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "outofdate" <outofdate@computer> wrote in message
> > news:43d6abb5$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Everytime I put a dvd in my computer ulead dvd player automatically
> >> starts
> >> up and it is driving me around the bend because I can't find anyway to
> >> stop
> >> it doing this. It came as part of ulead videostudio 9, from what I
> >> remember
> >> I did not get any option on whether to install it and there is no
> >> separate
> >> launch icon for the player. I am running win98se.
> >>

> > You can double click on my computer,then right click your DVD drive and
> > go to the autoplay options. It will have an option for DVD Movie where

you
> > can select the "take no action" option if you dont want it to start
> > playing.
> >

> Whoops realised you are on 98....should be similar : - /

unfortunately no.

Dave Doe

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, outofdate@computer says...

> "ardz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:cyzBf.21218$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "ardz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:kwzBf.21216$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > >
> > > "outofdate" <outofdate@computer> wrote in message
> > > news:43d6abb5$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > >>

> > > You can double click on my computer,then right click your DVD drive and
> > > go to the autoplay options. It will have an option for DVD Movie where

> you
> > > can select the "take no action" option if you dont want it to start
> > > playing.
> > >

> > Whoops realised you are on 98....should be similar : - /
> >

> unfortunately no.

Googled this...

Duncan

GraB

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 11:35:08 +1300, "outofdate" <outofdate@computer>
wrote:

>Everytime I put a dvd in my computer ulead dvd player automatically starts
>up and it is driving me around the bend because I can't find anyway to stop
>it doing this. It came as part of ulead videostudio 9, from what I remember
>I did not get any option on whether to install it and there is no separate
>launch icon for the player. I am running win98se.

Apart from the fact that Ulead DVD player is the worst DVD player I
have tried. I think PowerDVD 4 is far superior.

outofdate

"GraB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 11:35:08 +1300, "outofdate" <outofdate@computer>
> wrote:
>
> >Everytime I put a dvd in my computer ulead dvd player automatically

starts
> >up and it is driving me around the bend because I can't find anyway to

stop
> >it doing this. It came as part of ulead videostudio 9, from what I

remember
> >I did not get any option on whether to install it and there is no

separate
> >launch icon for the player. I am running win98se.
> >

> Apart from the fact that Ulead DVD player is the worst DVD player I
> have tried. I think PowerDVD 4 is far superior.

And powerdvd is what I use which is why the ulead player starting up all the
time is even more annoying as I would never use the ulead dvdplayer.

outofdate

"Dave Doe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). nz...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, outofdate@computer says...
> >
> > "ardz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:cyzBf.21218$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > >
> > > "ardz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:kwzBf.21216$(E-Mail Removed)...

and

where
> > you
> > > >

> > > Whoops realised you are on 98....should be similar : - /
> > >

> > unfortunately no.

> Googled this...
>
> http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article03-018
>
> --
> Duncan

Thanks but the problem is I don't want to turn off auto insert as windows
explorer does not work properly with the drive then and I should not have to
turn it off as powerdvd etc... don't try to autostart so there must be a way
to turn ulead autostart off too?

GraB

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 15:25:12 +1300, "outofdate" <outofdate@computer>
wrote:

>"GraB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 11:35:08 +1300, "outofdate" <outofdate@computer>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Everytime I put a dvd in my computer ulead dvd player automatically

>starts
>> >up and it is driving me around the bend because I can't find anyway to

>stop
>> >it doing this. It came as part of ulead videostudio 9, from what I

>remember
>> >I did not get any option on whether to install it and there is no

>separate
>> >launch icon for the player. I am running win98se.
>> >

>> Apart from the fact that Ulead DVD player is the worst DVD player I
>> have tried. I think PowerDVD 4 is far superior.

>And powerdvd is what I use which is why the ulead player starting up all the
>time is even more annoying as I would never use the ulead dvdplayer.

Have you tried reinstalling PowerDVD again to make it the default
programme for playing DVDs?

outofdate

"GraB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 15:25:12 +1300, "outofdate" <outofdate@computer>
> wrote:
>

> >"GraB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .

> >starts

> >stop

> >remember

> >separate
> >> >
> >> Apart from the fact that Ulead DVD player is the worst DVD player I
> >> have tried. I think PowerDVD 4 is far superior.

> >And powerdvd is what I use which is why the ulead player starting up all

the
> >time is even more annoying as I would never use the ulead dvdplayer.
> >

> Have you tried reinstalling PowerDVD again to make it the default
> programme for playing DVDs?

Thanks but no i have not tried that, but worth a go I guess, though I don't
want any dvdplayer to load when I insert a dvd, at the moment powerdvd is
setup not to do this, I think what you are saying is that if I reinstall
ulead dvdplayer will be ignored and powerdvd will be acted upon and because
that is set not to load on a dvd been inserted I will have no problem. The
funny thing is that ulead dvdplayer has some options that sound like they
should turn off the autostart on dvd insertion but for some reason they
don't work, surely ulead would not be dumb enough to **** people off with a
forced use of their program.