Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Laptop freezes if anythinguses the Texas Instruments PCi 1410 cardbus controller

Laptop freezes if anythinguses the Texas Instruments PCi 1410 cardbus controller

Southern Kiwi

Compaq Evo N800w, XP pro, SP II, all updates,patches etc

Was working fine, then undocked, computer locked up, traced back to when
wireless card inserted. Checked card in other laptop, works fine.
Booted into Ubuntu, same problem.
Everything works fine unless I try to use the pcmcia slot.
Won't boot up if slot used freezes when it is first accessed.
I can insert card if I disable the Texas Instruments PCi 1410 cardbus
controller, but freezes if I enable it with card in.

Any ideas?

--
-- Cheers
Southern Kiwi

Mark Robinson

Southern Kiwi wrote:
> Compaq Evo N800w, XP pro, SP II, all updates,patches etc
>
> Was working fine, then undocked, computer locked up, traced back to when
> wireless card inserted. Checked card in other laptop, works fine.
> Booted into Ubuntu, same problem.
> Everything works fine unless I try to use the pcmcia slot.
> Won't boot up if slot used freezes when it is first accessed.
> I can insert card if I disable the Texas Instruments PCi 1410 cardbus
> controller, but freezes if I enable it with card in.
>
> Any ideas?

shine a light into the slot and look for bent pins

Dave Taylor

Mark Robinson <(E-Mail Removed)2tod.net> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed)2tod.net:

> Southern Kiwi wrote:
>> Compaq Evo N800w, XP pro, SP II, all updates,patches etc

>> Any ideas?

> shine a light into the slot and look for bent pins

Good idea, also any bios update for this motherboard?
--
Ciao, Dave