Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > netgear dg834 - anyone have any experience with this adsl router?

netgear dg834 - anyone have any experience with this adsl router?

Max

I've had x2 customers unable to connect to adsl today, both with this
router.

they have PPPoA, VC based encap, vpi/vci 0/100, all the things i thought
mattered.

They get sync, but cant auth, both these routers are fresh out the box, so
there must be an option either enabled or disabled in the default config,
thats causing the issue.

any ideas appreciated.

max

Steven H

Hello Max,

i got a 834G (same as 834 just with wireless)

mine worked out of the box once i set the settings that mattered - will just
look at my config to confirm ....

yep... no 'extra' settings

the only thing that might or might not matter is that i used my Full login
name ((E-Mail Removed)) not just the login part.

Steven H

the madGeek