Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Mozilla Thunderbird 1.5 Released

Mozilla Thunderbird 1.5 Released

joe_90

Mozilla Thunderbird 1.5 is the first major Thunderbird release since
1.0. While all the 1.0.x releases were based on the Mozilla 1.7
platform, this is the first Thunderbird release to use the Mozilla 1.8
platform. This means that in additions to stability and security fixes,
it contains new features, and performance improvements.

Downloads: <http://www.mozilla.com/thunderbird/all.html>

(truncated copy of a posting in the mozilla.support.thunderbird
newsgroup on the news.mozilla.org news server)

EMB

joe_90 wrote:
> Mozilla Thunderbird 1.5 is the first major Thunderbird release since
> 1.0.

Thanks joe

--
EMB

JC

"joe_90" <joe_90_remove@nospam_myhttpmail.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Mozilla Thunderbird 1.5 is the first major Thunderbird release since 1.0.
> While all the 1.0.x releases were based on the Mozilla 1.7 platform, this
> is the first Thunderbird release to use the Mozilla 1.8 platform. This
> means that in additions to stability and security fixes, it contains new
> features, and performance improvements.
>
> Downloads: <http://www.mozilla.com/thunderbird/all.html>
>
> (truncated copy of a posting in the mozilla.support.thunderbird newsgroup
> on the news.mozilla.org news server)

Am I the only one finding it slow? Im on an AMD Athlon 2600+ with 512mb Ram.
It runs like a dog with three legs. Does anyone have the previous installer
they can send me?

JC

JC wrote:
> "joe_90" <joe_90_remove@nospam_myhttpmail.com> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Mozilla Thunderbird 1.5 is the first major Thunderbird release since 1.0.
>> While all the 1.0.x releases were based on the Mozilla 1.7 platform, this
>> is the first Thunderbird release to use the Mozilla 1.8 platform. This
>> means that in additions to stability and security fixes, it contains new
>> features, and performance improvements.
>>
>> Downloads: <http://www.mozilla.com/thunderbird/all.html>
>>
>> (truncated copy of a posting in the mozilla.support.thunderbird newsgroup
>> on the news.mozilla.org news server)

> Am I the only one finding it slow? Im on an AMD Athlon 2600+ with 512mb Ram.
> It runs like a dog with three legs. Does anyone have the previous installer
> they can send me?

Forget that, it was the extensions causing problems.

David

joe_90 wrote:
> Mozilla Thunderbird 1.5 is the first major Thunderbird release since
> 1.0. While all the 1.0.x releases were based on the Mozilla 1.7
> platform, this is the first Thunderbird release to use the Mozilla 1.8
> platform. This means that in additions to stability and security fixes,
> it contains new features, and performance improvements.
>
> Downloads: <http://www.mozilla.com/thunderbird/all.html>
>
> (truncated copy of a posting in the mozilla.support.thunderbird
> newsgroup on the news.mozilla.org news server)

Hmm, just installed it, it opened up, showed looked exactly the same as
the old version, functioned exactly the same, until I got to writing
this message, its underlining everything I type in red. Some sort of
spell checker that doesnt understand english? I'm off to investigate.

David

David wrote:
> joe_90 wrote:
>> Mozilla Thunderbird 1.5 is the first major Thunderbird release since
>> 1.0. While all the 1.0.x releases were based on the Mozilla 1.7
>> platform, this is the first Thunderbird release to use the Mozilla 1.8
>> platform. This means that in additions to stability and security
>> fixes, it contains new features, and performance improvements.
>>
>> Downloads: <http://www.mozilla.com/thunderbird/all.html>
>>
>> (truncated copy of a posting in the mozilla.support.thunderbird
>> newsgroup on the news.mozilla.org news server)

> Hmm, just installed it, it opened up, showed looked exactly the same as
> the old version, functioned exactly the same, until I got to writing
> this message, its underlining everything I type in red. Some sort of
> spell checker that doesnt understand english? I'm off to investigate.

Restarting it fixed the problem. This could be handy (drag it into the
extensions window):
http://downloads.mozdev.org/dictiona...pell-en-NZ.xpi

gimp

same here, goto options > composition > uncheck "spell as you type"

Nicolaas Hawkins

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 21:31:46 +1300, David <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
<news:LF2yf.14731$(E-Mail Removed)>:

> David wrote:
>> joe_90 wrote:
>>> Mozilla Thunderbird 1.5 is the first major Thunderbird release since
>>> 1.0. While all the 1.0.x releases were based on the Mozilla 1.7
>>> platform, this is the first Thunderbird release to use the Mozilla 1.8
>>> platform. This means that in additions to stability and security
>>> fixes, it contains new features, and performance improvements.
>>>
>>> Downloads: <http://www.mozilla.com/thunderbird/all.html>
>>>
>>> (truncated copy of a posting in the mozilla.support.thunderbird
>>> newsgroup on the news.mozilla.org news server)

>> Hmm, just installed it, it opened up, showed looked exactly the same as
>> the old version, functioned exactly the same, until I got to writing
>> this message, its underlining everything I type in red. Some sort of
>> spell checker that doesnt understand english? I'm off to investigate.

> Restarting it fixed the problem. This could be handy (drag it into the
> extensions window):
> http://downloads.mozdev.org/dictiona...pell-en-NZ.xpi

I tried a previous version and rejected it because it didn't come up to
the standard of 40tude Dialog. This version is a lot better in many wats,
but what killed it for me is that it STILL cannot handle yEnc attachments
natively. Sorry, rejected again.

--
Regards,
Nicolaas.

Pricelessware 2006 CD now available.
E-Mail for details: raptor740.gmail@com (swap "." and "@")

.... Vole Light - All the flavour of voles, only half the calories, and
none of the fur, teeth, or claws.