Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Tabbed Explorer Alternatives?

Reply
Thread Tools

Tabbed Explorer Alternatives?

 
 
kriskirk@hotmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-11-2006
Can anyone recommend an alternative to Windows Explorer that has tabbed
viewing? I've downloaded a few but they don't do quite what I'm after.

Essentially I want a separate copy of Windows Explorer per tab, but all
the ones I've downloaded have one folder treeview on the left, and then
the details pane is tabbed. I want a separate folder treeview per tab.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Kristofer Clayton
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-11-2006
On 10 Jan 2006 16:28:25 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>Can anyone recommend an alternative to Windows Explorer that has tabbed
>viewing? I've downloaded a few but they don't do quite what I'm after.


Have you tried www.trackerv3.com ? It seems like it may do what you
require.
--
Kristofer Clayton (KJClayton)
Gisborne, New Zealand
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
kriskirk@hotmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-11-2006
> Have you tried www.trackerv3.com ? It seems like it may do what you
> require.


Hmmm, not bad, I'll give it a go. The only thing I'm not sure about is
the way there is only one folder treeview, but at least it jumps to the
appropriate folder when the tabs change.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Dave Doe
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-11-2006
In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Can anyone recommend an alternative to Windows Explorer that has tabbed
> viewing? I've downloaded a few but they don't do quite what I'm after.
>
> Essentially I want a separate copy of Windows Explorer per tab, but all
> the ones I've downloaded have one folder treeview on the left, and then
> the details pane is tabbed. I want a separate folder treeview per tab.


I use Netcaptor - URL at the obvious. I find it excellent.

--
Duncan
 
Reply With Quote
 
-=rjh=-
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-12-2006
Dave Doe wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>
>>Can anyone recommend an alternative to Windows Explorer that has tabbed
>>viewing? I've downloaded a few but they don't do quite what I'm after.
>>
>>Essentially I want a separate copy of Windows Explorer per tab, but all
>>the ones I've downloaded have one folder treeview on the left, and then
>>the details pane is tabbed. I want a separate folder treeview per tab.

>
>
> I use Netcaptor - URL at the obvious. I find it excellent.
>


You've just been confused by Microsoft's illogical naming scheme - Apple
may have got "Finder" first, but MS didn't have to go and compensate by
calling everything "Explorer"

The OP was asking about Windows Explorer, not Internet Explorer. To
further confuse matters, the default Windows interface is called
Explorer, too.
 
Reply With Quote
 
xbeat@gmx.net
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-30-2006
FYI: TrackerV3 is no more. It's now called XYplorer.
http://www.xyplorer.com/

 
Reply With Quote
 
David
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-02-2006
-=rjh=- wrote:
> Dave Doe wrote:
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
>> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>>
>>> Can anyone recommend an alternative to Windows Explorer that has tabbed
>>> viewing? I've downloaded a few but they don't do quite what I'm after.
>>>
>>> Essentially I want a separate copy of Windows Explorer per tab, but all
>>> the ones I've downloaded have one folder treeview on the left, and then
>>> the details pane is tabbed. I want a separate folder treeview per tab.

>>
>>
>> I use Netcaptor - URL at the obvious. I find it excellent.
>>

>
> You've just been confused by Microsoft's illogical naming scheme - Apple
> may have got "Finder" first, but MS didn't have to go and compensate by
> calling everything "Explorer"
>
> The OP was asking about Windows Explorer, not Internet Explorer. To
> further confuse matters, the default Windows interface is called
> Explorer, too.


Although since Windows 98 there is very little difference between the
all three, you'll notice that your windows explorer windows and the
destkop interface thingy, "Explorer" are all running from the same
instance of "explorer.exe" and that if you type http://blah or C:\blah
in the address bars of internet explorer or windows explorer the result
is almost identical.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Internet Explorer 8: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe vs C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe Nathan Sokalski Windows 64bit 16 02-22-2010 08:31 AM
Firefox 1.0.6 issue. Tabbed browsing won't work tharris66@gmail.com Firefox 3 07-27-2005 09:31 AM
Tabbed Browsing shadowking Firefox 7 04-16-2005 03:18 AM
Firefox Version 1.0 Working Set, Tabbed Windows-Pages goonmunster Firefox 3 02-12-2005 01:10 PM
Tabbed browsing??? avalanche Firefox 12 12-10-2004 03:09 AM



Advertisments