Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > changing case in Windows ME emails

changing case in Windows ME emails

geopelia

If I type an email in upper case by mistake (I have to watch the keyboard,
not the screen) how do I change it to lower case please? Windows ME.
I can do it in Word, but I've tried Format and Tools and can't find a change
of case to click in Email. The Help menu is no help, alas!
I expected it to be somewhere in Font but couldn't find it.

Geopelia

Stephen Williams

Copy and paste it in to Word. Change the case, copy and paste it back.

Steve

"geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OUjwf.13555$(E-Mail Removed)...
> If I type an email in upper case by mistake (I have to watch the keyboard,
> not the screen) how do I change it to lower case please? Windows ME.
> I can do it in Word, but I've tried Format and Tools and can't find a
> change
> of case to click in Email. The Help menu is no help, alas!
> I expected it to be somewhere in Font but couldn't find it.
>
> Geopelia

~misfit~

Stephen Williams wrote:
> Copy and paste it in to Word. Change the case, copy and paste it
> back.

In other words, the 'case-change' feature isn't available in
Outlook/Express.
--
~misfit~

> "geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:OUjwf.13555$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> If I type an email in upper case by mistake (I have to watch the
>> keyboard, not the screen) how do I change it to lower case please?
>> Windows ME. I can do it in Word, but I've tried Format and Tools and
>> can't find a
>> change
>> of case to click in Email. The Help menu is no help, alas!
>> I expected it to be somewhere in Font but couldn't find it.
>>
>> Geopelia

Nicholas Sherlock

geopelia wrote:
> If I type an email in upper case by mistake (I have to watch the keyboard,
> not the screen) how do I change it to lower case please?

Start->Settings->Control panel->Accessibility options->Turn on toggle
keys. You will now hear a tone every time you accidentally press Caps
lock. I usually have no trouble avoiding caps lock, so I only hear the
tone about once a month or so... it saves valuable seconds! .

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock

geopelia

"Stephen Williams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Copy and paste it in to Word. Change the case, copy and paste it back.
>
> Steve

Thank you.

Computers are complicated, aren't they?

Geopelia

> "geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:OUjwf.13555$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > If I type an email in upper case by mistake (I have to watch the

keyboard,
> > not the screen) how do I change it to lower case please? Windows ME.
> > I can do it in Word, but I've tried Format and Tools and can't find a
> > change
> > of case to click in Email. The Help menu is no help, alas!
> > I expected it to be somewhere in Font but couldn't find it.
> >
> > Geopelia

geopelia

news:43c21b80$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Stephen Williams wrote:
> > Copy and paste it in to Word. Change the case, copy and paste it
> > back.

> In other words, the 'case-change' feature isn't available in
> Outlook/Express.
> --
> ~misfit~

I wonder why nobody thought to include it.
Geopelia

geopelia

"Nicholas Sherlock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dpt83d$4qs$(E-Mail Removed)...
> geopelia wrote:
> > If I type an email in upper case by mistake (I have to watch the

keyboard,
> > not the screen) how do I change it to lower case please?

> Start->Settings->Control panel->Accessibility options->Turn on toggle
> keys. You will now hear a tone every time you accidentally press Caps
> lock. I usually have no trouble avoiding caps lock, so I only hear the
> tone about once a month or so... it saves valuable seconds! .
>
> Cheers,
> Nicholas Sherlock

Thank you. That will be handy.

Geopelia

~misfit~

geopelia wrote:
> "~misfit~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:43c21b80$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Stephen Williams wrote:
>>> Copy and paste it in to Word. Change the case, copy and paste it
>>> back.

>> In other words, the 'case-change' feature isn't available in
>> Outlook/Express.
>> --
>> ~misfit~
>>

> I wonder why nobody thought to include it.

'Cause OE is free with Windows but you have to buy Word?
--
~misfit~

geopelia

news:43c2527e$(E-Mail Removed)...
> geopelia wrote:
> > "~misfit~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:43c21b80$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>
> >> In other words, the 'case-change' feature isn't available in
> >> Outlook/Express.
> >> --
> >> ~misfit~
> >>

> > I wonder why nobody thought to include it.

> 'Cause OE is free with Windows but you have to buy Word?
> --
> ~misfit~

Word was included with this computer.

Dave Doe

In article <w6Awf.13662$(E-Mail Removed)>,

> "~misfit~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:43c2527e$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > geopelia wrote:
> > > "~misfit~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:43c21b80$(E-Mail Removed)...

> > > I wonder why nobody thought to include it.

> > 'Cause OE is free with Windows but you have to buy Word?
> > --
> > ~misfit~
> >

> Word was included with this computer.

Yeah... but not for free. If you bought the PC - and it had 'Word
included' - you bought that too.

--
Duncan