Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Blogs Be Buggered

Blogs Be Buggered

Squirrel

I have foolishly agreed to put up a web site called NZ.GENERAL PETS
PAGE as all my previous attempots to do similar have failed, what is
the uttmost easiest way to do this, I will have jpg's in a separate
file I just want to load them and write small blurb next to it.

What do you sugest techno geeks, and where should I be looking.

Cheers

I've gone crazy......but I will be back soon

Waylon Kenning

T'was the Sun, 08 Jan 2006 00:39:09 +1300 when I remembered Squirrel

www.flickr.com
--
Cheers,

Waylon Kenning.

Squirrel

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 08:41:01 +1300, Waylon Kenning
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>T'was the Sun, 08 Jan 2006 00:39:09 +1300 when I remembered Squirrel
><(E-Mail Removed)> saying something like this:
>
>>I have foolishly agreed to put up a web site called NZ.GENERAL PETS
>>PAGE as all my previous attempots to do similar have failed, what is
>>the uttmost easiest way to do this, I will have jpg's in a separate
>>file I just want to load them and write small blurb next to it.
>>
>>What do you sugest techno geeks, and where should I be looking.
>>
>>Cheers
>>

>>I've gone crazy......but I will be back soon
>>============================================

>www.flickr.com

thnx

I've gone crazy......but I will be back soon

Peter

Squirrel wrote:
> I have foolishly agreed to put up a web site called NZ.GENERAL PETS
> PAGE as all my previous attempots to do similar have failed, what is
> the uttmost easiest way to do this, I will have jpg's in a separate
> file I just want to load them and write small blurb next to it.

There are heaps of free photo hosting services ...
http://www.google.co.nz/search?hl=en&q=photo+hosting

Perhaps if you could describe just what "failed" with those previous
attempts, someone could suggest something more likely to do what you want.

HTH

Peter

shannon

Squirrel wrote:
> I have foolishly agreed to put up a web site called NZ.GENERAL PETS
> PAGE as all my previous attempots to do similar have failed, what is
> the uttmost easiest way to do this, I will have jpg's in a separate
> file I just want to load them and write small blurb next to it.
>
> What do you sugest techno geeks, and where should I be looking.
>
> Cheers
>

> I've gone crazy......but I will be back soon

flikr
http://www.flickr.com/

Squirrel

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 10:09:45 +1300, Peter <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Squirrel wrote:
>> I have foolishly agreed to put up a web site called NZ.GENERAL PETS
>> PAGE as all my previous attempots to do similar have failed, what is
>> the uttmost easiest way to do this, I will have jpg's in a separate
>> file I just want to load them and write small blurb next to it.

>There are heaps of free photo hosting services ...
>http://www.google.co.nz/search?hl=en&q=photo+hosting
>
>Perhaps if you could describe just what "failed" with those previous
>attempts, someone could suggest something more likely to do what you want.
>
>HTH
>
>Peter

Thanx Peter gone with Flickr and seems to be working ok, touch wood

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 10:53:47 +1300, shannon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Squirrel wrote:
>> I have foolishly agreed to put up a web site called NZ.GENERAL PETS
>> PAGE as all my previous attempots to do similar have failed, what is
>> the uttmost easiest way to do this, I will have jpg's in a separate
>> file I just want to load them and write small blurb next to it.
>>
>> What do you sugest techno geeks, and where should I be looking.
>>
>> Cheers
>>

>> I've gone crazy......but I will be back soon

>flikr
>http://www.flickr.com/

Seems to be the answer thanx, hope you get a chance to visit out new
collection of fotos

I've gone crazy......but I will be back soon

-=rjh=-

Squirrel wrote:
> On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 08:41:01 +1300, Waylon Kenning
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>T'was the Sun, 08 Jan 2006 00:39:09 +1300 when I remembered Squirrel
>><(E-Mail Removed)> saying something like this:
>>

>>>I have foolishly agreed to put up a web site called NZ.GENERAL PETS
>>>PAGE as all my previous attempots to do similar have failed, what is
>>>the uttmost easiest way to do this, I will have jpg's in a separate
>>>file I just want to load them and write small blurb next to it.
>>>
>>>What do you sugest techno geeks, and where should I be looking.
>>>
>>>Cheers
>>>

>>>I've gone crazy......but I will be back soon
>>>============================================

>>www.flickr.com

> thnx

Just to expand on the flickr suggestion, if you set up a group for
NZ.GENERAL PETS then the result is more flexible. People can add their
own pictures and blurb that may already be on flickr to the group, or
you can upload stuff yourself. I'm assuming that not all the images are
yours, so making it possible for anyone to add photos is a good idea,
instead of relying on one person to do everything.

If you look at http://www.flickr.com/groups/catchy/ (which is a group
for Catchy Colors) you'll see what is possible, including a group
specific FAQ, links, discussion, etc.

While there are better image hosting sites than Flickr for just hosting
good images, the combination of good tools (like RSS feeds out, tagging,
etc) and the social aspect of Flickr (like groups) make it pretty hard
to beat. Especially for free.

Squirrel

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 11:34:16 +1300, -=rjh=- <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Squirrel wrote:
>> On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 08:41:01 +1300, Waylon Kenning
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>>T'was the Sun, 08 Jan 2006 00:39:09 +1300 when I remembered Squirrel
>>><(E-Mail Removed)> saying something like this:

>>>www.flickr.com

>> thnx

>Just to expand on the flickr suggestion, if you set up a group for
>NZ.GENERAL PETS then the result is more flexible. People can add their
>own pictures and blurb that may already be on flickr to the group, or
>you can upload stuff yourself. I'm assuming that not all the images are
>yours, so making it possible for anyone to add photos is a good idea,
>instead of relying on one person to do everything.
>
>If you look at http://www.flickr.com/groups/catchy/ (which is a group
>for Catchy Colors) you'll see what is possible, including a group
>specific FAQ, links, discussion, etc.
>
>While there are better image hosting sites than Flickr for just hosting
>good images, the combination of good tools (like RSS feeds out, tagging,
>etc) and the social aspect of Flickr (like groups) make it pretty hard
>to beat. Especially for free.

I dont want to open it up as greg dowle is stalking me again and
liable to post something seedy and try blame me, but if he should drop
dead in the foreseeable future I will think again, thanx for the
pointers btw

I've gone crazy......but I will be back soon