Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > XP Activation

XP Activation

ybakiwi

I have owned and and have installed Xp ever since it was available,

I am now asking to reactivate with in three dayseverytime I start my
computer

Can someone help as to why this is ahppening

Thanks

SteveM

ybakiwi <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I have owned and and have installed Xp ever since it was available,
>
> I am now asking to reactivate with in three dayseverytime I start my
> computer
>
> Can someone help as to why this is ahppening
>
> Thanks

Have you replaced any (major) hardware items in the PC.

I replaced a CD Writer for a friend the other day and it asked to
be reactivated.

SteveM

Krazy Bob

"SteveM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns9744C8907FE61sdmccremovemeparadis@203.109. 252.31...
> ybakiwi <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> I have owned and and have installed Xp ever since it was available,
>>
>> I am now asking to reactivate with in three dayseverytime I start my
>> computer
>>
>> Can someone help as to why this is ahppening
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> Have you replaced any (major) hardware items in the PC.
>
> I replaced a CD Writer for a friend the other day and it asked to
> be reactivated.
>

> SteveM

just do what it says and see what happens?

KB

~misfit~

Krazy Bob wrote:
> "SteveM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xns9744C8907FE61sdmccremovemeparadis@203.109. 252.31...
>> ybakiwi <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>>> I have owned and and have installed Xp ever since it was available,
>>>
>>> I am now asking to reactivate with in three dayseverytime I start my
>>> computer
>>>
>>> Can someone help as to why this is ahppening
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>

>> Have you replaced any (major) hardware items in the PC.
>>
>> I replaced a CD Writer for a friend the other day and it asked to
>> be reactivated.
>>

>> SteveM

> just do what it says and see what happens?

Every three days?

Maybe the CMOS battery is shot/dodgey and everytime you start the PC it
re-detects your hardware? Shot in the dark, I dunno. Is the clock keeping
good time?
--
~misfit~

Mark

>Maybe the CMOS battery is shot/dodgey and everytime you start the PC it
>re-detects your hardware? Shot in the dark, I dunno. Is the clock keeping
>good time?

er unlikely.......

chances are a bit of hardware has been changed..just reactivate and
you should be all go

~misfit~

Mark wrote:
>> Maybe the CMOS battery is shot/dodgey and everytime you start the PC
>> it re-detects your hardware? Shot in the dark, I dunno. Is the clock
>> keeping good time?

> er unlikely.......

That's what I thought but I got the impression he was actually activating it
and still having the problem. Probably mis-interpreted the post.

> chances are a bit of hardware has been changed..just reactivate and
> you should be all go

Yup.
--
~misfit~

Torrential

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 20:42:46 +1300, Mark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>Maybe the CMOS battery is shot/dodgey and everytime you start the PC it
>>re-detects your hardware? Shot in the dark, I dunno. Is the clock keeping
>>good time?

>er unlikely.......
>
> chances are a bit of hardware has been changed..just reactivate and
>you should be all go

possible MS blacklist its own serial )

Rob J

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 20:42:46 +1300, Mark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> >>Maybe the CMOS battery is shot/dodgey and everytime you start the PC it
> >>re-detects your hardware? Shot in the dark, I dunno. Is the clock keeping
> >>good time?

> >er unlikely.......
> >
> > chances are a bit of hardware has been changed..just reactivate and
> >you should be all go

> possible MS blacklist its own serial )

You mean one that was published on the net for fraudulent use

David

Rob J wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...

>>>er unlikely.......
>>>
>>>chances are a bit of hardware has been changed..just reactivate and
>>>you should be all go

>>possible MS blacklist its own serial )

> You mean one that was published on the net for fraudulent use

The joke is that if you install a dodgy version, it's probably
professional corporate edition, and you wont be bothered by activation
in any shape or form.

Rob J

In article <6Enwf.13591$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
says...
> Rob J wrote:
> > In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > (E-Mail Removed) says...

> >>possible MS blacklist its own serial )

> > You mean one that was published on the net for fraudulent use
> >

> The joke is that if you install a dodgy version, it's probably
> professional corporate edition, and you wont be bothered by activation
> in any shape or form.

Until you run into the "Genuine Windows" program