Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > XP Activation

XP Activation

David

Rob J wrote:
> In article <6Enwf.13591$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
> says...
>
>>Rob J wrote:
>>
>>>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>>>(E-Mail Removed) says...

>>>You mean one that was published on the net for fraudulent use
>>>

>>The joke is that if you install a dodgy version, it's probably
>>professional corporate edition, and you wont be bothered by activation
>>in any shape or form.

> Until you run into the "Genuine Windows" program

If you mean the one on Windows Update, thats easily avoided. In IE,
select tools->manage addons and disable "Windows Genuine Advantage". The
one on download.microsoft.com is only slightly tougher, and requires
typing javascript in the address bar, although greasemonkey can automate
this nicely so you forget all about it ever existing.