Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Saving pictures in Firefox

Saving pictures in Firefox

Rob J

One of the things I have noticed about Firefox is that when I save an
image from a web page, Firefox downloads the image from the server
again.

Surely this is quite unnecessary when the image is already cached
somewhere either in memory or on the PC's hard drive, as it is necessary
to download the image once before formatting the onscreen display.

Craig Shore

On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 12:04:30 +1300, Rob J <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>One of the things I have noticed about Firefox is that when I save an
>image from a web page, Firefox downloads the image from the server
>again.
>
>Surely this is quite unnecessary when the image is already cached
>somewhere either in memory or on the PC's hard drive, as it is necessary
>to download the image once before formatting the onscreen display.

For me it only seems to do that if it hasn't completed loading it. Once it's
completly loaded if you save it it does it from it's cache.