Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Lost my inbox

Lost my inbox

Gordon Abbot

I bought a new computer for my wife, installed the latest Mozilla and
set up her email account. I wanted to take the old inbox files from the
old computer and transfer them to the new, but I cannot find the new inbox!

I searched the computer for "inbox", "profile(s)", even set up a new
folder called "old inbox" as a subfolder of the new inbox and cannot
find any of them.

I unhid all files but I am at a total loss as to where Moz has put the
new email account.

I have done this before, transferred an old inbox to a new one on a new
machine, and never had this problem.

Any help greatly appreciated.

GA
--
My address is spoofed, so do not reply directly.

gwtc

Gordon Abbot wrote:

> I bought a new computer for my wife, installed the latest Mozilla and
> set up her email account. I wanted to take the old inbox files from the
> old computer and transfer them to the new, but I cannot find the new inbox!
>
> I searched the computer for "inbox", "profile(s)", even set up a new
> folder called "old inbox" as a subfolder of the new inbox and cannot
> find any of them.
>
> I unhid all files but I am at a total loss as to where Moz has put the
> new email account.
>
> I have done this before, transferred an old inbox to a new one on a new
> machine, and never had this problem.
>
> Any help greatly appreciated.
>
> GA

from the mail program, click on Edit, Mail & Newsgroups Account
Settings, click on the account in question, then under Server
Settings, look at the bottom on the right side and you will see Local
Directory. This will tell you approximately where your NEW inbox is
located.

--
Something to Ponder: Why does a round pizza come in a square box?