Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Controlling LAN data and time on a home network.

Controlling LAN data and time on a home network.

Paul

Hi All

I am wanting to control the access,data and time on line, for the 4
computers on my home network.

I am currently using a DLink 704p cable router on Telstra Clear, can I do
it with this?

I have seen ads for the Linksys cable routers that claim they do this,
does anybody out there have any experience with them?

Thanks Paul

shannon

Paul wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I am wanting to control the access,data and time on line, for the 4
> computers on my home network.
>
> I am currently using a DLink 704p cable router on Telstra Clear, can I
> do it with this?
>
> I have seen ads for the Linksys cable routers that claim they do this,
> does anybody out there have any experience with them?
>
> Thanks Paul

I recommend some third party software called hyperWRT+tofu with a
linksys WRT54g router.
http://www.polarcloud.com/tofu
Its a version designed to work correctly with UPnP and Bittorrent DHT,
there are some issues with the stock software.
Its got a fairly comprehensive access restriction page that allows
setting of access times and restriction by devices, ports, sites,
keywords etc
Its also got QoS which allows priority setting of traffic by port or device.