Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Rotating AVI files

Rotating AVI files

Ian Jenkins

Anyone help.
Someone has taken a movie with a digital camera but it is on its side.
How or what program do we use to rotate it with.

Nova

Ian Jenkins wrote:
> Anyone help.
> Someone has taken a movie with a digital camera but it is on its side.
> How or what program do we use to rotate it with.
> (E-Mail Removed)

If you are on xp probably the simplest is windows movie maker.

Allistar

Ian Jenkins wrote:

> Anyone help.
> Someone has taken a movie with a digital camera but it is on its side.
> How or what program do we use to rotate it with.
> (E-Mail Removed)

"avidemux" will do this. There is a rotation filter that you can use. You
can use this on both Linux and Windows.

Allistar.

-=rjh=-

Ian Jenkins wrote:
> Anyone help.
> Someone has taken a movie with a digital camera but it is on its side.
> How or what program do we use to rotate it with.
> (E-Mail Removed)

VirtualDub or VirtualDubMod; free and OSS, use the video rotate filter.

http://virtualdub.sourceforge.net/

~misfit~

Ian Jenkins wrote:
> Anyone help.
> Someone has taken a movie with a digital camera but it is on its side.
> How or what program do we use to rotate it with.
> (E-Mail Removed)

Turn the TV (or whatever you're watching it on) 90. It'll be fine then.
--
~misfit~

Menoeceus

On , , Wed, 28 Dec 2005 20:54:59 +1300, Re: Rotating AVI files,
"~misfit~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Ian Jenkins wrote:
>> Anyone help.
>> Someone has taken a movie with a digital camera but it is on its side.
>> How or what program do we use to rotate it with.
>> (E-Mail Removed)

>Turn the TV (or whatever you're watching it on) 90. It'll be fine then.

I have the TV in my bedroom rotated onto its side so I can watch
it lying on my side. Easier than mentally rotating the picture.

~misfit~

Menoeceus wrote:
> On , , Wed, 28 Dec 2005 20:54:59 +1300, Re: Rotating AVI files,
> "~misfit~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Ian Jenkins wrote:
>>> Anyone help.
>>> Someone has taken a movie with a digital camera but it is on its
>>> side. How or what program do we use to rotate it with.
>>> (E-Mail Removed)

>> Turn the TV (or whatever you're watching it on) 90. It'll be fine
>> then.

> I have the TV in my bedroom rotated onto its side so I can watch
> it lying on my side. Easier than mentally rotating the picture.

Heh. I did that for a while too.
--
~misfit~