Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Very slow paradise pop3 server again

Very slow paradise pop3 server again

Mauricio Freitas [MVP]

Did anyone notice how slow is the paradise pop3 server since Friday before
Christmas?

I get emails hours after someone sending them, and sometimes up to 12 hours
late

--
Mauricio Freitas
www.geekzone.co.nz

Craig Shore

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 23:30:27 +1300, "Mauricio Freitas [MVP]"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Did anyone notice how slow is the paradise pop3 server since Friday before
>Christmas?

I noticed that last night when I was setting someone up on a new computer. I
sent off a test message to make sure I had it right but nothing was comimg back.
Wondered if I had it wrong for a minute, but then checked the webmail and
nothing there either.

Email was never guarenteed to be instant, but I guess you get used to it ay.

XPD

"Mauricio Freitas [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:43b117c1$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Did anyone notice how slow is the paradise pop3 server since Friday before
> Christmas?
>
> I get emails hours after someone sending them, and sometimes up to 12
> hours late

Yeah, theyve been pretty slow for a few weeks now. Dosent bother me
personally as I dont use them but the clients Ive helped who do use them
were not happy.

Bok

Mauricio Freitas [MVP] wrote:
> Did anyone notice how slow is the paradise pop3 server since Friday before
> Christmas?
>
> I get emails hours after someone sending them, and sometimes up to 12 hours
> late

Appears there are still problems today. The paradise web network status
reports known problems with email this morning (it didn't last night
when I checked).

Last night I sent an email to my paradise pop3 account from two
different (non paradise) mail servers. One arrived half an hour later,
the other still hasn't been delivered. The mail that did arrive was sent
via my own smtp server on a T/C (paradise) cable connection.

Peter S

"Bok" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:43b1aa66$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Mauricio Freitas [MVP] wrote:
>> Did anyone notice how slow is the paradise pop3 server since Friday
>> before Christmas?
>>
>> I get emails hours after someone sending them, and sometimes up to 12
>> hours late

> Appears there are still problems today. The paradise web network status
> reports known problems with email this morning (it didn't last night when
> I checked).
>
> Last night I sent an email to my paradise pop3 account from two different
> (non paradise) mail servers. One arrived half an hour later, the other
> still hasn't been delivered. The mail that did arrive was sent via my own
> smtp server on a T/C (paradise) cable connection.

It made the 11 o clock news on National Radio this morning. Paradise email
is down and they don't know how long it will take to get fixed.

Pete.

Invisible

It's even more munted now:

Email Major disruptions are currently occurring
29 December 2005, 3:23 PM
Paradise email services will be unavailable for 1 hour to perform maintenance to
correct email issues. It will not be possible to send or receive emails until
4:30 pm. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Webmail Major disruptions are currently occurring

RayC

Now extended to 6.30 pm

http://mail.spaminspector.com

news:(E-Mail Removed)...