Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > LimewireTrialling

LimewireTrialling

Squirrel

Have worked out basics and am downloadin a couple of episodes of SVU
hoes everyone seem to download entire seriers, any pointer of LW
lovers.

Krazy Bob

"Squirrel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Have worked out basics and am downloadin a couple of episodes of SVU
> hoes everyone seem to download entire seriers, any pointer of LW
> lovers.

Most people use bit torrent to download whole serries, usually in th GB
range.

KB

Squirrel

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 22:15:38 +1300, "Krazy Bob" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Squirrel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Have worked out basics and am downloadin a couple of episodes of SVU
>> hoes everyone seem to download entire seriers, any pointer of LW
>> lovers.

>Most people use bit torrent to download whole serries, usually in th GB
>range.
>
>KB

Cheers thanx for that, got in trub with bittorrent but now have 10gb

Mark Remfrey

"Squirrel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Have worked out basics and am downloadin a couple of episodes of SVU
> hoes everyone seem to download entire seriers, any pointer of LW
> lovers.

Have they finally dumped all the spyware crap that used to be installed with
it? Like Gator-whatever and the likes?

--

Regards,
Mark Remfrey

"Two wrongs don't make a right.... it usually takes three or more!"

Squirrel

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 08:53:48 +1300, "Mark Remfrey"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Squirrel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Have worked out basics and am downloadin a couple of episodes of SVU
>> hoes everyone seem to download entire seriers, any pointer of LW
>> lovers.

>Have they finally dumped all the spyware crap that used to be installed with
>it? Like Gator-whatever and the likes?

so far no sign, I downloaded bittorrent but it is a bit foreign, dont
want anything flash, just a decent series of svu or similar

Krazy Bob

"Squirrel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 08:53:48 +1300, "Mark Remfrey"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>"Squirrel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>> Have worked out basics and am downloadin a couple of episodes of SVU
>>> hoes everyone seem to download entire seriers, any pointer of LW
>>> lovers.

>>Have they finally dumped all the spyware crap that used to be installed
>>with
>>it? Like Gator-whatever and the likes?

> so far no sign, I downloaded bittorrent but it is a bit foreign, dont
> want anything flash, just a decent series of svu or similar

Bit torrent for some reason was 1.5GB file size and even tho included a
simple search engine, it constantly produced errors for me.
so i download Azureus it requires java if you don't have it and does an ok
job for me.

i downloaded a JAG esp which was 350MB, took me 6 mins at avg of 210KB/sec
*w00t*

KB

Squirrel

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 15:35:49 +1300, "Krazy Bob" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Squirrel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 08:53:48 +1300, "Mark Remfrey"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>>"Squirrel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
>>>
>>>Have they finally dumped all the spyware crap that used to be installed
>>>with
>>>it? Like Gator-whatever and the likes?

>> so far no sign, I downloaded bittorrent but it is a bit foreign, dont
>> want anything flash, just a decent series of svu or similar
>>

>Bit torrent for some reason was 1.5GB file size and even tho included a
>simple search engine, it constantly produced errors for me.
>so i download Azureus it requires java if you don't have it and does an ok
>job for me.
>
>i downloaded a JAG esp which was 350MB, took me 6 mins at avg of 210KB/sec
>*w00t*
>
>KB

downloaded 4 episodes of svu on limewire, none of my million readers
will play it from file, but double click in the LW downlad box and it
plays fine on Classis Media Player, most odd.

Krazy Bob

"Squirrel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 15:35:49 +1300, "Krazy Bob" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

>>"Squirrel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..

>>> so far no sign, I downloaded bittorrent but it is a bit foreign, dont
>>> want anything flash, just a decent series of svu or similar
>>>

>>Bit torrent for some reason was 1.5GB file size and even tho included a
>>simple search engine, it constantly produced errors for me.
>>so i download Azureus it requires java if you don't have it and does an ok
>>job for me.
>>
>>i downloaded a JAG esp which was 350MB, took me 6 mins at avg of 210KB/sec
>>*w00t*
>>
>>KB
>>

> downloaded 4 episodes of svu on limewire, none of my million readers
> will play it from file, but double click in the LW downlad box and it
> plays fine on Classis Media Player, most odd.

Yea had the last esp of a programe i missed. played it once, week later
wanted 2 see it again but no, all the players i have said its an invaild
file code. i thought WMV plays AVI :-s

KB

Geoff M

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 21:57:31 +1300, Squirrel wrote:

> Have worked out basics and am downloadin a couple of episodes of SVU
> hoes everyone seem to download entire seriers, any pointer of LW
> lovers.

I use Shareaza, which supports Gnutella 1 (kazaa) and Gnutella 2(Limewire
etc) networks, as well and eDonkey and torrents. Seems to be ok, and free.
Geoff

~misfit~

Squirrel wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 15:35:49 +1300, "Krazy Bob" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

>> "Squirrel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> so far no sign, I downloaded bittorrent but it is a bit foreign,
>>> dont want anything flash, just a decent series of svu or similar
>>>

>> Bit torrent for some reason was 1.5GB file size and even tho
>> included a simple search engine, it constantly produced errors for
>> me.
>> so i download Azureus it requires java if you don't have it and does
>> an ok job for me.
>>
>> i downloaded a JAG esp which was 350MB, took me 6 mins at avg of
>> 210KB/sec *w00t*
>>
>> KB
>>

> downloaded 4 episodes of svu on limewire, none of my million readers
> will play it from file, but double click in the LW downlad box and it
> plays fine on Classis Media Player, most odd.

XviD I bet.
--
~misfit~