Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > WTD: Laptop/Notebook with dvd writer

WTD: Laptop/Notebook with dvd writer

lj

I need a Laptop/Notebook with DVD-writer.

Prefer 1-year (or less) old.

Must be able to boot to a usb key/pen drive.

Software and/or OS appreciated but not essential.

Needed by 28th January '06.

Thanks, John.
(021) 1 66 44 66

Remove the double ups in return addy
to reach me or txt me on above number.

Nicholas Sherlock

lj wrote:

> I need a Laptop/Notebook with DVD-writer.
>
> Prefer 1-year (or less) old.
>
> Must be able to boot to a usb key/pen drive.
>
> Software and/or OS appreciated but not essential.
>
> Needed by 28th January '06.
>
> Thanks, John.
> (021) 1 66 44 66

www.trademe.co.nz

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock

XPD

"lj" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)1-n22.callplus.net.nz...

> I need a Laptop/Notebook with DVD-writer.
>
> Prefer 1-year (or less) old.
>
> Must be able to boot to a usb key/pen drive.
>
> Software and/or OS appreciated but not essential.
>
> Needed by 28th January '06.
>
> Thanks, John.
> (021) 1 66 44 66
>
> Remove the double ups in return addy
> to reach me or txt me on above number.

You havent mentioned price..... but those sort of features can be found on
new laptops now for around $1100.
Try DSE or Warehouse Stationary...

Geoff M

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 20:26:26 +1300, lj wrote:

> I need a Laptop/Notebook with DVD-writer.
>
> Prefer 1-year (or less) old.
>
> Must be able to boot to a usb key/pen drive.
>
> Software and/or OS appreciated but not essential.
>
> Needed by 28th January '06.
>
> Thanks, John.
> (021) 1 66 44 66
>
> Remove the double ups in return addy
> to reach me or txt me on above number.

I see Dick Smiths are selling an Asus for under $1500 new with those specs.
Looks a reasonable machine, and a second hand laptop would likely be more.
Geoff