Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Allowing Popups

Allowing Popups

C0mdrData

As stated before, IE 6 does have a pop-up blocker when part of XP SP2. Then
it becomes
Version:6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr

--

"The human adventure is just beginning"

"John Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)2.dhs.org> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)2.dhs.org...
> On 2006-04-08, Bill Gross <bgross@_REMOVE_airmail.net> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 07 Apr 2006 15:40:06 -0700, gwtc <(E-Mail Removed)37>
>> wrote:
>>
>> [. . .]
>>
>>>IE doesn't have a pop-up blocker.

>> Further clarification, for IE 6.0 go to the tools menu, the second
>> item is indeed "pop -up blocker."

> Not here it doesn't: IE-6.0.2800.1106IS
>
> Are you sure you don't have some third-party add on for pop-up blocking in
> IE?
>
> --
>
> John ((E-Mail Removed))

Bill Gross

On Sat, 08 Apr 2006 17:12:47 GMT, "Moz Champion (Dan)"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

[. . .]

>?? There is no 'Cookie Manager' menu in Mozilla
>Do you mean
>[Tools-->Options]*-->Privacy-->Cookies
>or are you using an extension?
>
>What version of Mozilla are you using?
>

>In any case. Try this
>Quit Mozilla, restart
>[Tools-->Options]*-->Privacy-->Cookies
>X Allow all cookies
>
>now go to the site

I am using Mozilla 1.7.12

On my copy of Mozilla the Privacy setting is under
[Edit -> Preferences -> Privacy and Security -> Cookies]
Not under {Tools]

I did as you suggested and still get the dialog box that says
"popup blocker blocker video player
Your popup blocker had bloced access to the CNN video Player.
To view your video, please launch the CNN Video Player below
{LAUNCH CNN VIDEO PLAYER}

Nothing happens,

Moz Champion (Dan)

Bill Gross wrote:
> On Sat, 08 Apr 2006 17:12:47 GMT, "Moz Champion (Dan)"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> [. . .]
>

>> ?? There is no 'Cookie Manager' menu in Mozilla
>> Do you mean
>> [Tools-->Options]*-->Privacy-->Cookies
>> or are you using an extension?
>>
>> What version of Mozilla are you using?
>>

>> In any case. Try this
>> Quit Mozilla, restart
>> [Tools-->Options]*-->Privacy-->Cookies
>> X Allow all cookies
>>
>> now go to the site
>>

> I am using Mozilla 1.7.12
>
> On my copy of Mozilla the Privacy setting is under
> [Edit -> Preferences -> Privacy and Security -> Cookies]
> Not under {Tools]
>
> I did as you suggested and still get the dialog box that says
> "popup blocker blocker video player
> Your popup blocker had bloced access to the CNN video Player.
> To view your video, please launch the CNN Video Player below
> {LAUNCH CNN VIDEO PLAYER}
>
> Nothing happens,

Okay, you're on Linux

?? Didnt this thread start with a complaint that it wasnt being blocked?
And now it is?

What exactly do you want?

Bill Gross

On Sun, 09 Apr 2006 08:30:44 GMT, "Moz Champion (Dan)"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

[. . .]

>> Nothing happens,
>>

>Okay, you're on Linux
>
>?? Didnt this thread start with a complaint that it wasnt being blocked?
>And now it is?
>
>What exactly do you want?

OS is XP Home,

Here is my original question again,

>I've set the pop up blocker on Mozilla to allow pop ups but it doesn't
>work. Several websites I use for work open additional browser pages
>that Mozilla seems to think are pop ups. Is there something I'm not
>doing correctly?

I want to be able to visit sites that I chose and that "present
themselves to Mozilla as pop up sites." I would like also to
maintain the functionality of the pop up blocker for all other "pop up
sites."

Moz Champion (Dan)

Bill Gross wrote:
> On Sun, 09 Apr 2006 08:30:44 GMT, "Moz Champion (Dan)"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> [. . .]
>

>>> Nothing happens,
>>>

>> Okay, you're on Linux
>>
>> ?? Didnt this thread start with a complaint that it wasnt being blocked?
>> And now it is?
>>
>> What exactly do you want?
>>

> OS is XP Home,
>
> Here is my original question again,
>

>> I've set the pop up blocker on Mozilla to allow pop ups but it doesn't
>> work. Several websites I use for work open additional browser pages
>> that Mozilla seems to think are pop ups. Is there something I'm not
>> doing correctly?
>>

> I want to be able to visit sites that I chose and that "present
> themselves to Mozilla as pop up sites." I would like also to
> maintain the functionality of the pop up blocker for all other "pop up
> sites."

You can use the pop up blocker <Allowed Sites> to allow the sites you want.

Bill Gross

On Sun, 09 Apr 2006 16:28:07 GMT, "Moz Champion (Dan)"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
[. . .]

>You can use the pop up blocker <Allowed Sites> to allow the sites you want.

No I can't, even though I told Mozilla to let it see that site,
nothing happens. It won't work. Screen doesn't change.
Popup Blocker has it as an allowed site. BFD says Mozilla, I an't
gonna go there, not no way not no how, I don't care what you put in
the popup blocker ain't going to do it.

That, my friend, is why I'm asking for help.

Moz Champion (Dan)

Bill Gross wrote:
> On Sun, 09 Apr 2006 16:28:07 GMT, "Moz Champion (Dan)"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> [. . .]
>

>> You can use the pop up blocker <Allowed Sites> to allow the sites you want.
>>

> No I can't, even though I told Mozilla to let it see that site,
> nothing happens. It won't work. Screen doesn't change.
> Popup Blocker has it as an allowed site. BFD says Mozilla, I an't
> gonna go there, not no way not no how, I don't care what you put in
> the popup blocker ain't going to do it.
>
> That, my friend, is why I'm asking for help.

Do you have the right plug in for the job?

Nho Whei

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 07:06:46 GMT, "Moz Champion (Dan)"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Bill Gross wrote:
>> On Sun, 09 Apr 2006 16:28:07 GMT, "Moz Champion (Dan)"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> [. . .]
>>

>>> You can use the pop up blocker <Allowed Sites> to allow the sites you want.
>>>

>> No I can't, even though I told Mozilla to let it see that site,
>> nothing happens. It won't work. Screen doesn't change.
>> Popup Blocker has it as an allowed site. BFD says Mozilla, I an't
>> gonna go there, not no way not no how, I don't care what you put in
>> the popup blocker ain't going to do it.
>>
>> That, my friend, is why I'm asking for help.
>>

>Do you have the right plug in for the job?

What extensions have you installed?