Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Antivir and Command Line File Scanning

Antivir and Command Line File Scanning

Snoopy

Seems I can no longer invoke Antivir from the command line after
downloading the new Antivir9x version. Any way around this?

SNOOPY

--
Join the fight against aggressive, unrepentant
spammers 'china-netcom'. E-mail me for more

Dave Doe

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
te**yson@caverock.*et.*z says...

> Seems I can no longer invoke Antivir from the command line after
> downloading the new Antivir9x version. Any way around this?

From memory, no - doesn't it say its 4 DOS, 95,8 etc?

--
Duncan

Snoopy

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 12:53:41 +1300, Dave Doe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>te**yson@caverock.*et.*z says...
>>
>> Seems I can no longer invoke Antivir from the command line after
>> downloading the new Antivir9x version. Any way around this?

>From memory, no - doesn't it say its 4 DOS, 95,8 etc?

It used to work - until they changed the underlying engine in Antivir
to version 633. Yes I do have the correct Antivir for my operating
system (Win95).

I used to have to download a separate program dubbed 'ave32.exe' that
would work from the command line. In the new release notes they said
that 'ave32.exe' had been replaced by 'aveboot.exe'. However, no
'aveboot.exe' is available for the 'Antivir9x'.

I wondered if I might be able to grab 'aveboot.exe' from one of the
versions of Antivir that does have it? I tried sticking 'aveboot.exe
download' into Google and didn't come up with anything useful.

SNOOPY