Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Woot!! Getting over 40kB/s on P2P!!

Woot!! Getting over 40kB/s on P2P!!

~misfit~

For the first time in weeks Azureus is downloading at a reasonable speed (I
should have shut up, it's just dropped to 16kB/s)

This is two torrents, both are less than 10 hours old and both have over 450
seeds and 800 peers each.

Phew! Ok, back up to 42.3.

3:30am, the only time UBS seems to work as it should. Just finished gaming,
got good ping-times. Now I hope to get the latest episodes of NCIS and House
that just screened today (actually 13th but the states are hours behind) by
morning. It's a big ask on this 2M connection. They're 350MB files.

Shite! Just temporarilly peaked at 62kB/s!!! Looks like I may get them
tonight <fingers crossed> as they'll be throttled in a few hours. Seeby said
today in nz.comp/general that P2P isn't throttled at all between 2am and
6am. I was expecting to get at least 200kB/s on such well-seeded torrents if
that was the case.

Hmmm, just dropped back to ~20kB/s. I hope this doesn't turn into a
several-day type download like I've been getting over the last week or two.
If it was running at full speed I'd have the files in less than two hours.
--
~misfit~

David

~misfit~ wrote:
> For the first time in weeks Azureus is downloading at a reasonable speed (I
> should have shut up, it's just dropped to 16kB/s)
>
> This is two torrents, both are less than 10 hours old and both have over 450
> seeds and 800 peers each.
>
> Phew! Ok, back up to 42.3.
>
> 3:30am, the only time UBS seems to work as it should. Just finished gaming,
> got good ping-times. Now I hope to get the latest episodes of NCIS and House
> that just screened today (actually 13th but the states are hours behind) by
> morning. It's a big ask on this 2M connection. They're 350MB files.
>
> Shite! Just temporarilly peaked at 62kB/s!!! Looks like I may get them
> tonight <fingers crossed> as they'll be throttled in a few hours. Seeby said
> today in nz.comp/general that P2P isn't throttled at all between 2am and
> 6am. I was expecting to get at least 200kB/s on such well-seeded torrents if
> that was the case.
>
> Hmmm, just dropped back to ~20kB/s. I hope this doesn't turn into a
> several-day type download like I've been getting over the last week or two.
> If it was running at full speed I'd have the files in less than two hours.

Hmmm, 3:30am. What the hell am I doing here. Time to fire up a torrent
two for comparison.

David

David wrote:
> ~misfit~ wrote:
>
>> For the first time in weeks Azureus is downloading at a reasonable
>> speed (I should have shut up, it's just dropped to 16kB/s)
>>
>> This is two torrents, both are less than 10 hours old and both have
>> over 450 seeds and 800 peers each.
>>
>> Phew! Ok, back up to 42.3.
>>
>> 3:30am, the only time UBS seems to work as it should. Just finished
>> gaming, got good ping-times. Now I hope to get the latest episodes of
>> NCIS and House that just screened today (actually 13th but the states
>> are hours behind) by morning. It's a big ask on this 2M connection.
>> They're 350MB files.
>>
>> Shite! Just temporarilly peaked at 62kB/s!!! Looks like I may get them
>> tonight <fingers crossed> as they'll be throttled in a few hours.
>> Seeby said today in nz.comp/general that P2P isn't throttled at all
>> between 2am and 6am. I was expecting to get at least 200kB/s on such
>> well-seeded torrents if that was the case.
>>
>> Hmmm, just dropped back to ~20kB/s. I hope this doesn't turn into a
>> several-day type download like I've been getting over the last week or
>> two. If it was running at full speed I'd have the files in less than
>> two hours.

> Hmmm, 3:30am. What the hell am I doing here. Time to fire up a torrent
> two for comparison.

http://daviddl.orcon.net.nz/hmm.PNG

About a minute after firing up my BT client. Its interesting to look at
where the seeds are coming from.

Fred Dagg

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 03:39:54 +1300, "~misfit~"
<(E-Mail Removed)> exclaimed:

>For the first time in weeks Azureus is downloading at a reasonable speed (I
>should have shut up, it's just dropped to 16kB/s)
>
>This is two torrents, both are less than 10 hours old and both have over 450
>seeds and 800 peers each.
>
>Phew! Ok, back up to 42.3.
>
>3:30am, the only time UBS seems to work as it should. Just finished gaming,
>got good ping-times. Now I hope to get the latest episodes of NCIS and House
>that just screened today (actually 13th but the states are hours behind) by
>morning. It's a big ask on this 2M connection. They're 350MB files.
>
>Shite! Just temporarilly peaked at 62kB/s!!! Looks like I may get them
>tonight <fingers crossed> as they'll be throttled in a few hours. Seeby said
>today in nz.comp/general that P2P isn't throttled at all between 2am and
>6am. I was expecting to get at least 200kB/s on such well-seeded torrents if
>that was the case.
>
>Hmmm, just dropped back to ~20kB/s. I hope this doesn't turn into a
>several-day type download like I've been getting over the last week or two.
>If it was running at full speed I'd have the files in less than two hours.

Pathetic as always from here. It's always slightly better around this
time, but still nowhere near Xtra's (and probably others) speeds
24/7...

PAM.

~misfit~ wrote:

> For the first time in weeks Azureus is downloading at a reasonable speed
> (I should have shut up, it's just dropped to 16kB/s)
>
> This is two torrents, both are less than 10 hours old and both have over
> 450 seeds and 800 peers each.
>
> Phew! Ok, back up to 42.3.
>
> 3:30am, the only time UBS seems to work as it should. Just finished
> gaming, got good ping-times. Now I hope to get the latest episodes of NCIS
> and House that just screened today (actually 13th but the states are hours
> behind) by morning. It's a big ask on this 2M connection. They're 350MB
> files.
>
> Shite! Just temporarilly peaked at 62kB/s!!! Looks like I may get them
> tonight <fingers crossed> as they'll be throttled in a few hours. Seeby
> said today in nz.comp/general that P2P isn't throttled at all between 2am
> and 6am. I was expecting to get at least 200kB/s on such well-seeded
> torrents if that was the case.
>
> Hmmm, just dropped back to ~20kB/s. I hope this doesn't turn into a
> several-day type download like I've been getting over the last week or
> two. If it was running at full speed I'd have the files in less than two
> hours.

You guys should could yourself lucky. 7kB/s and I'd count myself lucky. But
then I have no idea how to configure torrent apps for faster speed times.
Mine is usually around 0-2 (with slingshot). Currently at this time, 0.6ish

PAM.

Malcolm

~misfit~ wrote:

> For the first time in weeks Azureus is downloading at a reasonable speed
> (I should have shut up, it's just dropped to 16kB/s)
>
> This is two torrents, both are less than 10 hours old and both have over
> 450 seeds and 800 peers each.
>
> Phew! Ok, back up to 42.3.
>
> 3:30am, the only time UBS seems to work as it should. Just finished
> gaming, got good ping-times. Now I hope to get the latest episodes of NCIS
> and House that just screened today (actually 13th but the states are hours
> behind) by morning. It's a big ask on this 2M connection. They're 350MB
> files.
>
> Shite! Just temporarilly peaked at 62kB/s!!! Looks like I may get them
> tonight <fingers crossed> as they'll be throttled in a few hours. Seeby
> said today in nz.comp/general that P2P isn't throttled at all between 2am
> and 6am. I was expecting to get at least 200kB/s on such well-seeded
> torrents if that was the case.
>
> Hmmm, just dropped back to ~20kB/s. I hope this doesn't turn into a
> several-day type download like I've been getting over the last week or
> two. If it was running at full speed I'd have the files in less than two
> hours.

Hey ~misfit~
Trying out Azureus Averaging 20K here (MS,USA) too, get peaks of 30K.

--
Cheers
Malcolm °¿°

Krazy Bob

news:43a02fe8$(E-Mail Removed)...
> For the first time in weeks Azureus is downloading at a reasonable speed
> (I should have shut up, it's just dropped to 16kB/s)
>
> This is two torrents, both are less than 10 hours old and both have over
> 450 seeds and 800 peers each.
>
> Phew! Ok, back up to 42.3.
>
> 3:30am, the only time UBS seems to work as it should. Just finished
> gaming, got good ping-times. Now I hope to get the latest episodes of NCIS
> and House that just screened today (actually 13th but the states are hours
> behind) by morning. It's a big ask on this 2M connection. They're 350MB
> files.
>
> Shite! Just temporarilly peaked at 62kB/s!!! Looks like I may get them
> tonight <fingers crossed> as they'll be throttled in a few hours. Seeby
> said today in nz.comp/general that P2P isn't throttled at all between 2am
> and 6am. I was expecting to get at least 200kB/s on such well-seeded
> torrents if that was the case.
>
> Hmmm, just dropped back to ~20kB/s. I hope this doesn't turn into a
> several-day type download like I've been getting over the last week or
> two. If it was running at full speed I'd have the files in less than two
> hours.
> --
> ~misfit~

Its actually spelt w00t not w00t

xtra 24/7 2mb average 40-80KB on well seeded torrents

KB

Nicholas Sherlock

~misfit~ wrote:
> For the first time in weeks Azureus is downloading at a reasonable speed (I
> should have shut up, it's just dropped to 16kB/s)

Ugh. You're on 2 megabit? Here on Ihug 256k, the speed ramps up to
32kB/sec and stays there.

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock

WhoMe

Nicholas Sherlock wrote:
> ~misfit~ wrote:
>
>> For the first time in weeks Azureus is downloading at a reasonable
>> speed (I should have shut up, it's just dropped to 16kB/s)

> Ugh. You're on 2 megabit? Here on Ihug 256k, the speed ramps up to
> 32kB/sec and stays there.
>
> Cheers,
> Nicholas Sherlock

I've just moved over from 256 ihug to 2M ihug and on well seed torrent
it runs about 180kB/s

WhoMe

~misfit~

David wrote:
> David wrote:
>> ~misfit~ wrote:
>>
>>> For the first time in weeks Azureus is downloading at a reasonable
>>> speed (I should have shut up, it's just dropped to 16kB/s)
>>>
>>> This is two torrents, both are less than 10 hours old and both have
>>> over 450 seeds and 800 peers each.
>>>
>>> Phew! Ok, back up to 42.3.
>>>
>>> 3:30am, the only time UBS seems to work as it should. Just finished
>>> gaming, got good ping-times. Now I hope to get the latest episodes
>>> of NCIS and House that just screened today (actually 13th but the
>>> states are hours behind) by morning. It's a big ask on this 2M
>>> connection. They're 350MB files.
>>>
>>> Shite! Just temporarilly peaked at 62kB/s!!! Looks like I may get
>>> them tonight <fingers crossed> as they'll be throttled in a few
>>> hours. Seeby said today in nz.comp/general that P2P isn't throttled
>>> at all between 2am and 6am. I was expecting to get at least 200kB/s
>>> on such well-seeded torrents if that was the case.
>>>
>>> Hmmm, just dropped back to ~20kB/s. I hope this doesn't turn into a
>>> several-day type download like I've been getting over the last week
>>> or two. If it was running at full speed I'd have the files in less
>>> than two hours.

>> Hmmm, 3:30am. What the hell am I doing here. Time to fire up a
>> torrent two for comparison.

> http://daviddl.orcon.net.nz/hmm.PNG
>
> About a minute after firing up my BT client. Its interesting to look
> at where the seeds are coming from.

Wow! Check out that NZ one! Puts the lie to the Orcon claim that the
botleneck is Telecom huh? It looks to me more like they've not provisioned
enough international bandwidth.

Just what can you believe these days?
--
~misfit~