Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Can't access zinio.com

Can't access zinio.com

Philip Roy

Hi all,

I subscribe to an electronic version of MacWorld magazine via Zinio. For
the past two weeks, I have been unable to access the Zinio site and the
program that checks to see if there are issues to download times out.

If I attempt to ping the site, it comes back with no results whatsoever.

But at work, the Zinio site is completely accessible. At home, Iıve also
discovered that I can access the site if I type in https as opposed to
http....although this doesnıt help in any way other than getting me to
the first page of the site.

Paradise say the fault is with Zinio (they tried to access the site and
failed also) and...you guessed it...Zinio say the fault is with Paradise.

Any ideas? Anyone with Paradise able to access the site
(http://www.zinio.com).
Have searched the net and not found anyone else having problems.

Phil
--
NZMac.com - Supporting the New Zealand Mac Community
http://www.nzmac.com

mario

Philip Roy wrote:
> Any ideas? Anyone with Paradise able to access the site
> (http://www.zinio.com).
> Have searched the net and not found anyone else having problems.
>
> Phil

Works ok for me on Paradise cable with firefox 1.0.7

mario

XPD

"Philip Roy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> I subscribe to an electronic version of MacWorld magazine via Zinio. For
> the past two weeks, I have been unable to access the Zinio site and the
> program that checks to see if there are issues to download times out.
>
> If I attempt to ping the site, it comes back with no results whatsoever.

Works ok via QSI... maybe theyve blocked the IP range your on for some
reason ?

And hmm.. what magazines are you looking at again ? First ones that
displayed to me were FHM and Playboy LOL

Invisible

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 08:03:37 +1300, Philip Roy <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Any ideas? Anyone with Paradise able to access the site
>(http://www.zinio.com).
>Have searched the net and not found anyone else having problems.

Not loading for me on Paradise adsl. Had to go through
http://anonycat.com/index.htm

Phstpok

Philip Roy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I subscribe to an electronic version of MacWorld magazine via Zinio. For
> the past two weeks, I have been unable to access the Zinio site and the
> program that checks to see if there are issues to download times out.
>
> If I attempt to ping the site, it comes back with no results whatsoever.
>
> But at work, the Zinio site is completely accessible. At home, Iıve also
> discovered that I can access the site if I type in https as opposed to
> http....although this doesnıt help in any way other than getting me to
> the first page of the site.
>
> Paradise say the fault is with Zinio (they tried to access the site and
> failed also) and...you guessed it...Zinio say the fault is with Paradise.
>
> Any ideas? Anyone with Paradise able to access the site
> (http://www.zinio.com).
> Have searched the net and not found anyone else having problems.
>
> Phil

No problem ere on paradise cable with firefox 1.5 nd ie6

Phstpok

XPD

"Philip Roy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
>
> I subscribe to an electronic version of MacWorld magazine via Zinio. For
> the past two weeks, I have been unable to access the Zinio site and the
> program that checks to see if there are issues to download times out.

Oh yeah.... firewall software running at all ?
Check your hosts file as well in case the site has made its way i n there
for some reason.

Philip Roy

In article <439e4705$(E-Mail Removed)>, Phstpok <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> Philip Roy wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I subscribe to an electronic version of MacWorld magazine via Zinio. For
> > the past two weeks, I have been unable to access the Zinio site and the
> > program that checks to see if there are issues to download times out.
> >
> > If I attempt to ping the site, it comes back with no results whatsoever.
> >
> > But at work, the Zinio site is completely accessible. At home, Iıve also
> > discovered that I can access the site if I type in https as opposed to
> > http....although this doesnıt help in any way other than getting me to
> > the first page of the site.
> >
> > Paradise say the fault is with Zinio (they tried to access the site and
> > failed also) and...you guessed it...Zinio say the fault is with Paradise.
> >
> > Any ideas? Anyone with Paradise able to access the site
> > (http://www.zinio.com).
> > Have searched the net and not found anyone else having problems.
> >
> > Phil

> No problem ere on paradise cable with firefox 1.5 nd ie6
>
> Phstpok

Went back to Paradise and (using posts in this thread as support) they
agreed it is an issue with them....not for dialup or cable users, but
for DSL. They say it is a cache issue and that they'll fix it in the
next couple of days.

Phil