Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Old Car Racing PC Game

Old Car Racing PC Game

Lugnut

Can anybody please remember the name of an old classic racing car
game/simulator where you could drive pre WW2 racing cars. Had such cars as
Auto-Union V16's, Mercedes Benz 196's and Alfa Romeos etc and they could be
driven on some of the old classic tracks.
I'm trying to locate a copy and can't for the life of me remember the name.
Thanks in advance

XPD

"Lugnut" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:439d6fb2$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anybody please remember the name of an old classic racing car
> game/simulator where you could drive pre WW2 racing cars. Had such cars as
> Auto-Union V16's, Mercedes Benz 196's and Alfa Romeos etc and they could
> be driven on some of the old classic tracks.
> I'm trying to locate a copy and can't for the life of me remember the
> name.
> Thanks in advance

Wouldnt happen to be Grand Prix Legends ? Released a few years ago IIRC...

http://www.f1gamers.com/f1/games/gameinfo.php?game=gpl

Rob

XPD wrote:
> "Lugnut" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:439d6fb2$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Can anybody please remember the name of an old classic racing car
>>game/simulator where you could drive pre WW2 racing cars. Had such cars as
>>Auto-Union V16's, Mercedes Benz 196's and Alfa Romeos etc and they could
>>be driven on some of the old classic tracks.
>>I'm trying to locate a copy and can't for the life of me remember the
>>name.
>>Thanks in advance
>>

> Wouldnt happen to be Grand Prix Legends ? Released a few years ago IIRC...
>
> http://www.f1gamers.com/f1/games/gameinfo.php?game=gpl

That sounds like it. Haven't seen it around in the re-releases (I've
been looking). It is supposedly one of the best true racing sims for
getting a good feel of the real car.

cheers

rob

XPD

news:%Xrnf.7769$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Wouldnt happen to be Grand Prix Legends ? Released a few years ago
>> IIRC...
>>
>> http://www.f1gamers.com/f1/games/gameinfo.php?game=gpl

> That sounds like it. Haven't seen it around in the re-releases (I've been
> looking). It is supposedly one of the best true racing sims for getting a
> good feel of the real car.

Think DSE had it for a while but no, I havent seen it around for a while
either... try EB.