Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > VPN logging

VPN logging

Ugarchina

I'm using cisco 2811 router as a vpn server. Mobile clients connect to
it with cisco vpn client.
Is there any way i can log on router who was connected, when and how
long did client stay connected?
Or do i need some other software or server (something like syslog)?

Thanks.

Merv

see Cisco doc "IPSec VPN Accounting"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...html#wp1046091

notkailen

Ugarchina wrote:
> I'm using cisco 2811 router as a vpn server. Mobile clients connect to
> it with cisco vpn client.
> Is there any way i can log on router who was connected, when and how
> long did client stay connected?
> Or do i need some other software or server (something like syslog)?
>
> Thanks.

If you are useing a Windows 2003 AD domain you can install the IAS
server and use it as a radius server for you AAA on the router.

http://www.windowsitpro.com/Windows/...946/38946.html

notkailen